Shift+3

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Shift+3

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Well, I just discovered what this does, and I'm disappointed it's a not supported mode. Even though the developers feel the units don't look that good this close up, I'd disagree. Really feels like what I'd imagine a General would view the battlefield as. Also surprisingly I get a better sense of the battlefield terrain. It does cause my graphics card to lag a tiny, tiny bit but ever so worth it. So developers, why is it not supported? Just curious.
Cheers
Alex
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: Shift+3

Post by Paul59 »

I have never heard of this before. I have just tried it on a battle that I was in the middle of, and I lost the UnitIcon flags above the units, so it was hard to tell which side the units belonged to.

Maybe you might have discovered a bug, I am sure if it was an intentional feature then it would be mentioned in the manual.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
AlexDetrojan

Re: Shift+3

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Hi Paul59. Yes not only unit icons but firing arcs over target units. And I'm guessing this is so, because it is unsupported. But I'm curious why in the first place that it is not supported...I really like the look of the battlefield at that level. Also a large unit of Kurraisers charging your unit looks mighty frightening at that level, whether you have pikes or not! I think it was likely an intended feature but at that level of view there are so many more polygons/pixels that older computers when P&S was first released probably couldn't handle it. Mind you, I wish I had graphics skills because the figure representations,if spruced up by someone with talent, would make things tabletop quality ala FOGR.
Cheers
Alex

Return to “Pike & Shot”