Just a thank you to the scenario designers

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Just a thank you to the scenario designers

Post by Nijis »

I'm currently enjoying myself with FOG2 but I just wanted to say a belated thank you to all the designers who've created scenarios over the last few years. By expanding to the 15th and 18th centuries, they've given this game immense range and replayability.

What's impressive is how not just how many of them there are, but how uniformly excellent is the quality. It's probably not too much work to line up two bodies of troops on a map, and give the units historical names. But the vast majority of the scenarios I've played are both balanced contests and play out remarkably like the actual battle. I recently played the Battle of Kunersdorf without having read the historical background first, and found afterwards I made pretty much the same mistakes as Frederick and suffered the same result. This must have required a great deal of testing and tweaking.

Thanks again to all of you.
smjohnso77
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Just a thank you to the scenario designers

Post by smjohnso77 »

Yes, I agree. Great stuff! Is FOG II available on iPad or MAC? I love your games. Thanks.
w_michael
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by w_michael »

smjohnso77 wrote:Yes, I agree. Great stuff! Is FOG II available on iPad or MAC? I love your games. Thanks.
The technical requirements can be found here: http://www.slitherine.com/store/product.asp?gid=651

Unfortunately for you it is Windows based only. In addition to Apple no longer supporting 32-bit games, RBS said that tablets could not handle the animated units, so that excludes Android tablets as well.

P.S. The user created scenarios are excellent. I am not too keen personally on the out of period battles, but I have to commend the attention to detail and balance.
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns and Field of Glory II series enthusiast
HobbesACW
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by HobbesACW »

The scenarios that the prolific designers have made kept me playing the game for nearly a year (and even inspired me to make one myself).
Without them it would probably have been a month or two at the most. I have bought FoG II - but waiting for the mod scenarios to build up a little before I start playing.
Some good ones out already I see.

Chris

Return to “Pike & Shot”