Pike And Shot Campaigns On Win 10 Tablet

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

MooN
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Pike And Shot Campaigns On Win 10 Tablet

Post by MooN »

As per subject title, I would be greatful for any advise and product recommendations for a Win 10 mobile tablet that may practically take from my seemingly doomed iPad.

I take it That the only way to acquire the game on say an Samsung TabPro S would be via Steam ?

Thank you.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Pike And Shot Campaigns On Win 10 Tablet

Post by VPaulus »

Check this thread:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 10&t=77895

You don't have to have them via Steam. These tablets with standards Windows versions, are just like any other PC. So you can install the stand alone versions.
Yggdrassil
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Pike And Shot Campaigns On Win 10 Tablet

Post by Yggdrassil »

I play P&S on a Win tablet. It works really well.

Basically any tablet with Atom Z8300 chip or above will be able to run it, but I would recommend either a Celeron N3450 or even better M3-7Y30 processor. Anything beyond that is I think not needed for P&S (however you may need a better spec tablet for other uses).

Check out this site, it reviews relatively cheap chinese tablets like Teclast, Chuwi, Core etc. You can get a M3-7Y30 Teclast X5 Pro for 500$, for example. Definitely a better value than a used Surface type tablet powered by Atom line chips.

https://techtablets.com/

Personally, I have a Chuwi Atom Z8300 powered tablet. It works for P&S, but just barely. On the other hand, it was only about 200$, so great value for money. It was more like a "proof of concept" buy for me. Now that I know that Win 10 tablets are actually a usable piece of hardware, I will probably buy a M3-7Y30 or an i5 Surface Pro.

Return to “Pike & Shot”