New P&K scenario downloads for iPad users.

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

smjohnso77
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

New P&K scenario downloads for iPad users.

Post by smjohnso77 »

Over the past few weeks I have had notifications of new scenario downloads on my iPad only to be disappointed to find that there is nothing new to download. Only Bull Run has been available, but there seems to be a number of other scenarios that I am getting notifications for, but then shows nothing new. So can anyone tell me why this is happening and what am I not getting? Thanks.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: New P&K scenario downloads for iPad users.

Post by rbodleyscott »

smjohnso77 wrote:Over the past few weeks I have had notifications of new scenario downloads on my iPad only to be disappointed to find that there is nothing new to download. Only Bull Run has been available, but there seems to be a number of other scenarios that I am getting notifications for, but then shows nothing new. So can anyone tell me why this is happening and what am I not getting? Thanks.
The only ones that are not available for iPad are the Lepanto ones, because they do not work with vanilla P&S.
Richard Bodley Scott

smjohnso77
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by smjohnso77 »

I will say that playing P&K on an iPad is a very fun and convenient way to play your games because I can easily play in any location with Wifi and do not need a PC which means you have to be at home to play. I play when I am waiting for an appointment or on my break sitting in a coffee shop or waiting for a flight. I wish you guys would upgrade the iPad version because it is such a good way to play and I think a better experience in our on the go world. I wish you guys would make the Japanese game available on iPad too. I know it has something to do with Apple and 30 and 60 something, but iPad is a very fun way to play P&K.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

smjohnso77 wrote:I will say that playing P&K on an iPad is a very fun and convenient way to play your games because I can easily play in any location with Wifi and do not need a PC which means you have to be at home to play. I play when I am waiting for an appointment or on my break sitting in a coffee shop or waiting for a flight. I wish you guys would upgrade the iPad version because it is such a good way to play and I think a better experience in our on the go world. I wish you guys would make the Japanese game available on iPad too. I know it has something to do with Apple and 30 and 60 something, but iPad is a very fun way to play P&K.
As we have said before, we are sad that we can't make these available for the iPad, but we cannot do so because the engine is 32-bit and Apple no longer accept any 32-bit submission, not even updates.

Converting the engine to 64-bit would be a very major task (6-months work by a senior programmer) which is simply not economically viable.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Pike & Shot”