Naval Warfare: Lepanto 1571

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Naval Warfare: Lepanto 1571

Post by jomni »

Hi guys my Lepanto Scenario has been released. Only available for Pike & Shot Campaigns due to the scripts I used.
The mod thread and link to the documentation is here:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 22&t=77276

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Naval Warfare: Lepanto 1571

Post by TheGrayMouser »

This is fantastic! Thank you for creating and sharing!
Sedo
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Sedo »

Very, very cool, jomni.

Looking through the notes, it seems like you've been through a number of iterations. Any chance of a v1.2 that differentiates the various galley types a little more? For instance the Maltese galleys would have likely had some of the heaviest boarding parties, while the Venetians would likely have been crewed by more skilled rowers (i.e., citizens rather than prisoners and slaves). You might also add 'Lanterna' flagships contributing more to the rout points.

Anyway, just a few thoughts. This is an awesome example of what can be done with engine.
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Sedo wrote:Very, very cool, jomni.

Looking through the notes, it seems like you've been through a number of iterations. Any chance of a v1.2 that differentiates the various galley types a little more? For instance the Maltese galleys would have likely had some of the heaviest boarding parties, while the Venetians would likely have been crewed by more skilled rowers (i.e., citizens rather than prisoners and slaves). You might also add 'Lanterna' flagships contributing more to the rout points.

Anyway, just a few thoughts. This is an awesome example of what can be done with engine.
I did make the Maltese rated Elite once since they are the fanatical Knights of St. John (Hospitaller) but they contributed little to the battle. The AI smartly just blasted them away even before they had a chance to go into melee.

I made lanterna 3D models. The engine cannot mix a lanterna object and galley object in one squad.Therefore Lanterna generally operates alone except for Don Juan which was flanked by Colonna and Venier's lanternas. A lone lanterna is not strong enough to combat a 4-ship galley group. I believe Lanterna would be good in a more detailed simulation.

If this were Sengoku I would have implemented generals.
smjohnso77
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by smjohnso77 »

I a,m a iPad player . Is their no way to release this as a battle so iPad players can play it. iPad is a great way to play pike & shot and this looks awesome and I wish I could play it. Thanks, Steve Johnson
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

smjohnso77 wrote:I a,m a iPad player . Is their no way to release this as a battle so iPad players can play it. iPad is a great way to play pike & shot and this looks awesome and I wish I could play it. Thanks, Steve Johnson
Sorry but I used some scripts that are native to Pike & Shot Campaigns.
Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Micha63 »

This mod is outstanding, thank you for this.
Pixel
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Pixel »

Finally finished a play-through on normal (medium difficulty) as the Holy League. Those Galleass broadsides when they hit are brutal. Must try it from the Ottoman side now.

Looks like Turnopia's WEGO Ancient Galley game is also coming along.
Image Image

Return to “Pike & Shot”