Waterloo

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Waterloo

Post by jomni »

Good job on Waterloo!

Cosmetic issues:
Noticed the French Lancers have foot sound effects when moving.
Some horses don't have dust trails.
Units derived from the P&S pike blocks (French Guards, Prussians) do not have shooting smoke animations and sounds.
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Re: Waterloo

Post by jomni »

Won the scenario. A real nail biter. Was in the verge of winning then losing then winning again. There are some mistakes at the start which I would avoid if playing again.
OliversArmy
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by OliversArmy »

Very good rendition of Waterloo. Really enjoyed it. Well done. Well researched!
"I would rather have a russet coated Captain, who knows what he fights for and loves what he knows. Than he who calls himself a gentleman and is but little else." Oliver Cromwell
Rhetor
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Rhetor »

I find this scenario quite appealing, however, there are issues, namely the mobility of artillery. It seems the heavy gun batteries cannot limber, and move only one square per turn. Can it be ammended? I am looking into the possiblity of modding it myself...
Odenathus
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Odenathus »

The problem is that there is a fixed limit of 64 'slots' for units per side. Limbers count towards this, so you can see the problem with large battles involving a lot of artillery. On the bigger picture, the ground was famously soaked from the overnight rain, and Napoleon was forced to delay his attack as it was impossible to get the heavy artillery moving before 11am, when the ground had dried. I've think it's possible to get a really devastating French grand battery along the La Belle Alliance ridge, although it does take a long time. However, if you want to mod it to make the heavy artillery faster you can easily adjust the APs via the Squads file. My fear is that this will lead to the French artillery racing into action and blasting the Allied line to pieces, but feel free to go ahead if you think it will make for a better/more realistic game. But you won't find enough enough slots for actual limber models unless you increase the overall scale from brigades to divisions.

Return to “Pike & Shot”