How to upgrade to Pike & Shot: Campaigns

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

How to upgrade to Pike & Shot: Campaigns

Post by Surtur »

Pike and Shot: Campaigns is a stand-alone release and includes all the content from the Pike and Shot base game and the Tercio to Salvo expansion. Any community scenarios you had installed for the previous Pike & Shot releases will have to be redownloaded for Pike & Shot Campaigns.

Owners of Pike and Shot get a 75% discount when upgrading to Pike and Shot : Campaigns. If you have a version from our site or an affiliated store you’ll have a serial. Your Pike and Shot serial will act as a discount code to give you 75% when applied to your shopping cart on the Slitherine or Matrix sites.

If you bought from Steam, all you need to do is go to the Steam page and your discount will be pre-applied. Please note the Steam discount is only valid until the 27th October so make sure you upgrade before then!

In addition, be aware that Pike & Shot: Campaigns is not multiplayer compatible with the previous Pike & Shot games. So if you have any PBEM++ games running from the previous Pike & Shot releases, then be sure not to uninstall your old game until these have been completed.
Brenmusik
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: How to upgrade to Pike & Shot: Campaigns

Post by Brenmusik »

Thanks, I was about to ask :)
Brenmusik

Post by Brenmusik »

... though the Slitherine site doesn't go to the purchase screen, the Matrix one does.
majandro
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by majandro »

Hi,

It seems that I can not use the Tercio to Salvo serial to get the upgrade.

The case is that I purchased P&K from steam, but TtS from your web, and now I would prefer purchse P&K:C directly from you.

Is it possible?

Regards,

Alejandro
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

majandro wrote:Hi,

It seems that I can not use the Tercio to Salvo serial to get the upgrade.

The case is that I purchased P&K from steam, but TtS from your web, and now I would prefer purchse P&K:C directly from you.

Is it possible?

Regards,

Alejandro
Then you need to buy it from Steam. You won't be able to have a discount using a Tercio to Salvo expansion serial number.
Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Surtur »

Brenmusik wrote:... though the Slitherine site doesn't go to the purchase screen, the Matrix one does.
Sorry for this, should be fixed now :)
Brenmusik

Post by Brenmusik »

Surtur wrote:
Brenmusik wrote:... though the Slitherine site doesn't go to the purchase screen, the Matrix one does.
Sorry for this, should be fixed now :)
It is, worked perfectly.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Keeping the previous version of Pike & Shot on your computer alongside Pike & Shot: Campaigns will also allow you to continue to play MP games vs iPad users.
Richard Bodley Scott

FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by FroBodine »

Just to clarify that statement . . . so, does Campaigns even have the PBEM++ multiplayer module? Can we play multiplayer games using Campaigns against other owners of Campaigns?

If we uninstall the base P&S game, can we use Campaigns to play multiplayer games against folks who just have the PC base game, just not iPad users?

Is that how it works, please?
Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Surtur »

Campaigns has the same type of multiplayer as the previous Pike & Shot (you can play battles against each other using PBEM++), but there is no option to play the new campaign feature in multiplayer. Also, because of the many changes made to the game, including the new army lists, it was not possible to make this game multiplayer compatible with the original Pike & Shot
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

So if you want to be able to play MP vs iPad users you need to keep Pike & Shot on your computer to do so. It will sit happily on the same PC as Pike & Shot: Campaigns.

You can then play MP vs iPad users using Pike & Shot, and vs PC players who own Pike & Shot: Campaigns using Pike & Shot: Campaigns.
Richard Bodley Scott

michaelspotts
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by michaelspotts »

Many thanks for the upgrade and the game. Anything from you is a first day buy right out of the gate because a) the depth, the very good AI, the great support and b) I think it is important to support developers just like you!

Although I had the base game on my portable and my 10 year old son and I have separately purchased copies of the base plus expansion on our Ipad minis, I confess to not throwing myself into it whole heartedly yet (like my son!). Now the release of the campaign package has me ready to plunge, I even have a few thick books on Thirty Years War and English Civil War off the shelf and started to read.

Many thanks!

Michael
CR

Post by CR »

Hi

As an owner of P&S and the TtoS expansion on iPad, I was really interested in 'Campaigns' for the iPad.
I understand from an earlier enquiry that this is not possible due to Apple restrictions but therefore am I, and possibly others like me, allowed any discount on the PC version of 'Campaigns'?

Regards
CR
macdonncadh
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by macdonncadh »

Boys and girls,

I have own the disc and download versions of P & S and T2S - purchased originating from the Matrix website then on to something called Blue Snap(?). I have just spent a frustrating amount of time trying to take advantage of the generous discount on P & S C. Each time I have entered the serial number on my disc and hit the button to recalculate, I am told I have not entered a correct coupon.

I have tried originating the purchase on both the Matrix and Slitherine websites - though they both presumably re-direct to the same place.
I have tried using the serial numbers from both P & S abd T2S.
After entering the numbers I hit the re-calculate button with the same aforementioned results.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I would like to buy this product. Granted, with the discount - which I think is very fair - the purchase is not a big one. Nevertheless, I am I am trying to give you money. I'd appreciate anyone facilitating this noble cause...

R. Ebert
lk2500
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by lk2500 »

CR wrote:Hi

As an owner of P&S and the TtoS expansion on iPad, I was really interested in 'Campaigns' for the iPad.
I understand from an earlier enquiry that this is not possible due to Apple restrictions but therefore am I, and possibly others like me, allowed any discount on the PC version of 'Campaigns'?

Regards
CR
I'd like to know this as well.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

CR wrote:Hi

Regards
CR
I'm sorry but that's not possible. Apple doesn't permit cross platform promotions between iPad and other platforms.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

macdonncadh wrote:Boys and girls,

I have own the disc and download versions of P & S and T2S - purchased originating from the Matrix website then on to something called Blue Snap(?). I have just spent a frustrating amount of time trying to take advantage of the generous discount on P & S C. Each time I have entered the serial number on my disc and hit the button to recalculate, I am told I have not entered a correct coupon.

I have tried originating the purchase on both the Matrix and Slitherine websites - though they both presumably re-direct to the same place.
I have tried using the serial numbers from both P & S abd T2S.
After entering the numbers I hit the re-calculate button with the same aforementioned results.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I would like to buy this product. Granted, with the discount - which I think is very fair - the purchase is not a big one. Nevertheless, I am I am trying to give you money. I'd appreciate anyone facilitating this noble cause...

R. Ebert
I have checked your orders and saw that you were already able to redeem your discount.
Blackfyre

Post by Blackfyre »

I own the iPad version of Pike and Shot. Are you planing to release an iPad version of the campaigns too? When I initially heard about the expansion I automatically assumed that the iPad version will also be updated (as IAP for example). Now I can't manage to find an indication for that.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Blackfyre wrote:I own the iPad version of Pike and Shot. Are you planing to release an iPad version of the campaigns too? When I initially heard about the expansion I automatically assumed that the iPad version will also be updated (as IAP for example). Now I can't manage to find an indication for that.
Pike & Shot and Pike & Shot: Campaigns are based on a 32 bit engine. Apple recently brought in rules that require all games to have a 64 bit engine. No further submissions of any kind (including updates) are being accepted for 32-bit games. This sadly means that the Pike & Shot engine cannot be updated on iOS.

Obviously this is very frustrating but we didn’t want it to prevent us from supporting the PC version. The problem we have is that we can’t release any PC updates for the original Pike & Shot game as this would break the cross platform multiplayer between PC and iPad. This means that the only way to continue to support it was to create a new base game – hence Pike & Shot: Campaigns.

Because no submissions are now being accepted for 32-bit games on iOS, we cannot release Pike & Shot: Campaigns on iPad.

This does not mean, however, that new content cannot be released for Pike & Shot on iPad, but any such new content will have to be released as in-game downloads in the same way as user content downloads. This does, however, mean that such content cannot use the new features added to the newer version of the engine used in Pike & Shot: Campaigns. This unfortunately means that the Campaigns feature cannot be added to the iPad game.

PC users can continue to keep Pike & Shot on their computers alongside Pike & Shot: Campaigns, allowing them to continue to play cross-platform MP games vs iPad users using Pike & Shot. The two games have separate MP servers.
Richard Bodley Scott

CR

Post by CR »

Thanks for prompt and detailed replies.
Obviously the convoluted Apple submissions policies and the cross platforms promotions restrictions leave iPad P&S owners somewhat 'out in the cold'.
Kind regards anyway
CR

Return to “Pike & Shot”