"Unknown command failed. Uknown error" !

Close Combat - Gateway to Caen : Tech Support

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

Pzt_Kami
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

"Unknown command failed. Uknown error" !

Post by Pzt_Kami »

Hi ;
I keep getting "Unknown command failed. Uknown error" alert when I try to join into Multoplayer lobby :cry: Help me fix it please

Thanks
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: "Unknown command failed. Uknown error" !

Post by VPaulus »

Please check if any of your Internet security programs (firewall, anti-virus, etc.) aren't interfering with the game.
Pzt_Kami

Post by Pzt_Kami »

VPaulus wrote:Please check if any of your Internet security programs (firewall, anti-virus, etc.) aren't interfering with the game.
Hi ;
I will re-check them as you suggest ,But I was playing for sometime before this error appears and was already set my firewall for this game. so I think we should look somewhere else to find the reason
SteveMcClaire
Matrix
Matrix

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Pzt_Kami,

I just verified that the multi-player lobby itself is working properly by connecting to it. I would double check:

1) That you have the most recent version of the game. You can download it from Matrix Games via the link in this forum thread: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3796331

2) That your user name and password are correct. These should be the same as you use to login to the Slitherine forums (these forums) and that your serial number is valid.

Steve
Pzt_Kami

Post by Pzt_Kami »

SteveMcClaire wrote:Hi Pzt_Kami,

I just verified that the multi-player lobby itself is working properly by connecting to it. I would double check:

1) That you have the most recent version of the game. You can download it from Matrix Games via the link in this forum thread: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3796331

2) That your user name and password are correct. These should be the same as you use to login to the Slitherine forums (these forums) and that your serial number is valid.

Steve
Pzt_Kami

Post by Pzt_Kami »

Hi Steve ;
Sorry I was in a vacation so the reason for delay to answer. But all the solutions You offered failed. My game is up to date as well as I'm using the same username and password for the game I use here for this forum. I think the problem is somewhere else
SteveMcClaire
Matrix
Matrix

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The only other bit of data being transferred at that point is the game serial number. Are you using a Steam version of the game, or a non-Steam version? If non-Steam, you can re-install to make sure you have the correct serial number set everywhere in the registry and such.

Steve
Pzt_Kami

Post by Pzt_Kami »

SteveMcClaire wrote:The only other bit of data being transferred at that point is the game serial number. Are you using a Steam version of the game, or a non-Steam version? If non-Steam, you can re-install to make sure you have the correct serial number set everywhere in the registry and such.

Steve
I bought it on steam so it is steam game (?) I've tested the game on 2 different machines and both have the same problem :( Interestingly the game was working OK for several months until this problem suddenly happened recently
SteveMcClaire
Matrix
Matrix

Post by SteveMcClaire »

It could be an issue with the way Steam handles serial numbers. If you're familiar with using RegEdit to modify the Windows registry, you could use it to delete the existing serial number. If you wish to do this, go into 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Matrix Games\Close Combat Gateway to Caen\' and delete the contents of the 'serial' key, so that it is blank. This should cause your game to request a new serial number the next time you try to connect to the multi-player lobby.

You could also uninstall the game completely and reinstall it, and I think this will clear the serial number as well.

Steve
Pzt_Kami

Post by Pzt_Kami »

SteveMcClaire wrote:It could be an issue with the way Steam handles serial numbers. If you're familiar with using RegEdit to modify the Windows registry, you could use it to delete the existing serial number. If you wish to do this, go into 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Matrix Games\Close Combat Gateway to Caen\' and delete the contents of the 'serial' key, so that it is blank. This should cause your game to request a new serial number the next time you try to connect to the multi-player lobby.

You could also uninstall the game completely and reinstall it, and I think this will clear the serial number as well.

Steve
Hi Steve
none of them has worked :( I will probably re-install my Windowns 10 soon. Perhaps fresh OS can solve the issue (?) I'll let you know

Thanks
SteveMcClaire
Matrix
Matrix

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Pzt_Kami,

Did you clear the registry key as I described? If that's the case and you're still getting 'unknown error' then the only other data being exchanged with the lobby at that point is your user name and password. You might try creating an entirely new forum account at www.slitherine.com and using that for your in-game login instead, and see if that works.

Steve
Pzt_Kami

Post by Pzt_Kami »

SteveMcClaire wrote:Pzt_Kami,

Did you clear the registry key as I described? If that's the case and you're still getting 'unknown error' then the only other data being exchanged with the lobby at that point is your user name and password. You might try creating an entirely new forum account at http://www.slitherine.com and using that for your in-game login instead, and see if that works.

Steve
Hi Steve ;
I've recently re-installed my Windows 10 OS in my office , so decided to install the game on it just to test if it will work. Fortunately the result was positive (so far though). I once got the "Unknown command failed. Uknown error" message but the for other tries it worked ! so It seems the problem lays somewhere with the Windows 10 compatibility with Windows 10 (?) I let you know If I get the error again.

Thanks alot for your help and patience Steve :)
SteveMcClaire
Matrix
Matrix

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Glad to hear that it is working now, and thank you for letting me know. I will make a note to keep an eye out for other issues like this related to Windows 10, but we haven't had other reports that I know of.

Steve

Return to “Close Combat - Gateway to Caen : Tech Support”