You developers have a problem

iOS Beta
TokyoDan
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

You developers have a problem

Post by TokyoDan »

This game is seriously flawed. And I bet that the developers never tested it on an iPad with Retina display. The startup dialog and the help text is way too small. I tried installing it on an non-Retina iPad 1 just to see if my assumption was correct but it won't run on my iPad 1.

Must be some kind of mistake on the part of the developers. Seems like they forgot to set/unset some flag that makes the text bigger/smaller on Retina/non-Retina devices. (I had this problem myself in developing my iOS game).

Anyway I'm not even going to try to play this game until they make the text big enough to read.

Ha. Exactly as I expected. Everything is the right size on a non-Retina iPad (I tested on my wife's iPad 2):

Retina: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7tu67p06m...1nZSRqUmKyQS5a
non-Retina: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/beq6gzjnu...3VRpZ7-cY9jLpa

If the developers can't get this right on iPads I hate to think what kinds of problems they'd have on Android with it's hundreds of screen permutations.
tokyodan on Steam
GrumpyInTokyo on twitter and GETTR
Ted Hussman on Facebook
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: You developers have a problem

Post by LandMarine47 »

I'm very puzzled by releasing this early, as the crashing was not yet fixed in the latest build. Caught me by surprise really...
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

I think Iain mentioned it in another thread, but the iPad 1 is specifically not supported, but something got mixed up in the metadata and it is not preventing iPad 1 users from purchasing. The guys are working on a fix asap.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
TokyoDan

Post by TokyoDan »

I'm not worried about it not working on the iPad 1 as I kept that just for testing. I bought the game on my iPad Air and therefore could also download it on my iPad 1 which I did to just compare the size of the fonts. Of course it didn't run. But it did run on the iPad 2 and looked a whole lot better than on the Air because the fonts were larger and easier to read on the non-retna screen.
pipfromslitherine wrote:I think Iain mentioned it in another thread, but the iPad 1 is specifically not supported, but something got mixed up in the metadata and it is not preventing iPad 1 users from purchasing. The guys are working on a fix asap.

Cheers

Pip
tokyodan on Steam
GrumpyInTokyo on twitter and GETTR
Ted Hussman on Facebook
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The iPad 2 issues should be fixed if you close other apps and reboot. In our testing this resolved all issues. Its at the limit of an iPad2 so needs a reboot to work.

Return to “iOS Beta”