Russian rocket launchers

In Frontline: Road to Moscow, players take command of the German army through some of the most famous battles of World War II, leading the mighty Wehrmacht on towards Moscow.
jonedwardc
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Russian rocket launchers

Post by jonedwardc »

Played the game till Smolensk. Russian rocket launchers are way too powerful, 200 against tanks, 250 infantry? Full strength tank units being wiped out in one shot?
German artillery is only 60 tank, 90 infantry.
best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Russian rocket launchers

Post by best75 »

I have too agreed those units are way too powerful.
I air strike them when they appear
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

Hi,
We understand your point, but Katushas are meant to be a very powerful enemy unit. Maps were balanced around those units.
Katushas are quite vulnerable, but you have to have the right approach.
bobk
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by bobk »

Two air strikes and they are gone, cheaper than losing or repairing a damaged unit.
AceDuceTrey
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by AceDuceTrey »

I also use the Airstrike solution- and agree that the launcher is far too lethal against point targets. I tested Katyusha rockets at White Sands Missile Range, (NM) as part of the US support to Israel and the "Iron Dome" program.
Free flight (fin stabilized) rockets are large area weapons that loose accuracy with range. At close (<1/3) range they have a "cigar" shaped impact area with large range error; at 2/3 range the area is almost a perfect circle;
and at max range it is elliptical with the long axis in deflection. Their chances of scoring direct hits on tanks, needed for a kill, is slim, like most other area fire weapons.

While I,m pontificating, does anyone know how to go into the unit/data files to modify their values?

Return to “Frontline Road to Moscow”