First Impressions?

In Frontline: Road to Moscow, players take command of the German army through some of the most famous battles of World War II, leading the mighty Wehrmacht on towards Moscow.
RandomAttack
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

First Impressions?

Post by RandomAttack »

Not to overthink a $3 game, but I've seen two write-ups on The Wargamer and some other info and nobody has described how combat works. All comments on look & feel. Does it reward combined arms? Ranged units? "Tap on your unit then tap on the target". Duh. :wink:

Guess I'll wait for a real review.
IonutG
Shenandoah
Shenandoah

Re: First Impressions?

Post by IonutG »

Hi RandomAttack
There are a lot of combat mechanics and combat modifiers and it's hard to explain them all in a forum.
Yes, the game rewards combined arms both for attack and defense, for flanking enemy units, encircling them or just to grind the enemy(combat fatigue)
Most of the units are ranged units, the combat is not done at 1 hex distance, we have what we call "ballistics"(the closer a target it, the more damage it receives). Also different units have different ranges or you can use special abilities to increase the range.
"Tap on your unit then tap on the target" will not get you far...you will need to use the terrain, unit's position and abilities to make it.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Cheers
RandomAttack

Post by RandomAttack »

Sounds good-- thanks! I like the look, kind of a cross between Panzer Corps and Unity of Command. I'll definitely give it a shot in the near future.
scarfacetarraff
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by scarfacetarraff »

I've really enjoyed playing this game. It offers a good pace for an iPad game, being able to play short or log stints. Most likely will be getting the DLC once I've completed the game's campaign.
"Hasta la victoria siempre!"
Legion (Mac/iPad), Spartan (Mac), GoT (Mac), Legion Arena (Mac), CEaW (Mac/DS), CNaW (Mac), HGE: Rome (DS), Egypt: EaE (iPad), FoG (Mac), Battle Academy (Mac/iPad), Unity of Command (Mac), CTGW (iPad)

Return to “Frontline Road to Moscow”