not a tech question,but please help

PS2/PSP/PC : Great Battles of Rome combined Slitherines great game play with specially cut footage from The History Channel to create a truly unique and immersive experience.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

johnkuhn
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

not a tech question,but please help

Post by johnkuhn »

i know this isnt a tech support question,but can anyone tell me the best way to kill elephants?I kill everything but them on the 150 or less men dead stage.they always kill to many of my men..ty for the help..by the way,the reason i ask these this,is because my book for this game was lost.
PPR
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by PPR »

get them into a sogy area and send you light infantry and use missile fire.
cifko
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by cifko »

Yea that's it you just need to get them in scrub or forest an use your light infantry. Also support them with missile fire, skirmishers, velties, archers .
OldSchool

Post by OldSchool »

cifko wrote: ... Also support them with missile fire, skirmishers, velties, archers .
Yes, send these missile troops after them at the start of battle to harass the elephants as they advance; if your men don't get too close, the elephants units may eventually lose heart and literally turn-tail w/o causing too much damage.
nazim69

Post by nazim69 »

hey, i am badly stuck in the 2nd Macedonian war. i jst cant match the casualties and is defeated everytime please suggest me a way to get past this level!!!!
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

If you can tell us your army composition and what you are up against it might help people suggest a strategy, Also mention teh terrain. Its 5 years since I built those maps so I cant remember them at all!
nazim69

Post by nazim69 »

okay. i have:-
1 leader
3 nobles
2 auxillary cavalry
3 hastatis
2 principe
6 triari
and 2 archers!!
i dnt have any light infantry!
and about the terrain
the left half of the battleground is scrub and rocky and the right half of the ground is open. in the scrub and rocky ground, they have 2 thracia peltastes nd 1 thracian nobles!! the nobles charge and the peltastes advance!!
on the right, they make a border of heavy infantry to protect their 2 archers and leader and the leaders guards!!!
the border is made up of 2 macedonion royal guard nd a macedonion phalanx the left border is of two phanlanx!!the leader nd his guards wait for a while and then advance!!!the archers kill many of my soldiers from the beginning!!!nd i simply cant defeat the heavy infantry( especially the leaders guards nd the royal guards)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Is there any way to draw the archers away from supporting units or get cavalry around teh flanks to take them out?
nazim69

Post by nazim69 »

yes there is! the way is tht a keep my 1 cavalry on long hold and when i engage all their supporting units i order the cabalry to attack the archers bt by that time the casualties are out of control!!!!:(
nazim69

Post by nazim69 »

hey, plz help me!!!!!itz been 48 hrs bt u dint post a solution!!!!:(
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry - my wife had a baby ;)

To be honest I cant think of anything specific so maybe just drop the difficulty down. I think your problem is you have no auxiliary type infantry to contest the rough terrain but it is probably too late to fix that.
nazim69

Post by nazim69 »

congrats!!!!bt the thing is i am already in the normal difficulty level!
ryanevans1

Re: not a tech question,but please help

Post by ryanevans1 »

If you can tell us your army composition and what you are up against it might help people suggest a strategy, Also mention teh terrain. Its 5 years since I built those maps so I cant remember them at all!

Return to “THE HISTORY CHANNEL™ Great Battles of Rome”