Any plans on a US release?

PS2/PSP/PC : Great Battles of Rome combined Slitherines great game play with specially cut footage from The History Channel to create a truly unique and immersive experience.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

pochi
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Any plans on a US release?

Post by pochi »

A couple o friends and I are really interested in playing this game on our PSP. Do you guys have any plans on releasing this on the US? You could release it digital only like some companies do (XSEED with Ys Seven).
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We'd love to but Sony just refuse to let us release. We've attempted 4 times but each time its get rejected saying the graphics don't look like games like Kessen.
pochi

Post by pochi »

iainmcneil wrote:We'd love to but Sony just refuse to let us release. We've attempted 4 times but each time its get rejected saying the graphics don't look like games like Kessen.
Even if its digital only? I don't understand Sony, we have a lot of games with poor graphics but no RTS games. I mean what are they losing by just putting a game to the ps store?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Yes, I'm afraid so.
pochi

Post by pochi »

Well, thanks anyways for trying to bring this game to the US. I found History Egypt Engineering an Empire the best Mini on the ps store and was hoping to see more war strategy games.

Thank you for the quick replies.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We have managed to get Commander Europe at War through a stage 1 approval on PSP in America. If all goes well that could be releasing for download before the end of the year.
pochi

Post by pochi »

iainmcneil wrote:We have managed to get Commander Europe at War through a stage 1 approval on PSP in America. If all goes well that could be releasing for download before the end of the year.
As a Mini right? Would Great Battles of Rome without the additional languages and some compressing fit the Minis criteria? Or you could somehow separate it and put it like DLC? Yes I know I'm desperate.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

No CEAW would be a full game not a mini.

Return to “THE HISTORY CHANNEL™ Great Battles of Rome”