Display problems on Windows 10

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

jabenoit74
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Display problems on Windows 10

Post by jabenoit74 »

I updated to Windows 10 a few days ago - when I started up Pandoria Eclipse of Nashira, the display was mis-sized for my screen - I wasn't happy with my screen resolution anyway, so I went back to tuning my display settings and finally found what I liked again, but still had problems w/ Pandora showing the GUI offset (down & to the right), and when I continued a prior game (from Windows 8.1 days) or started a new one, the items on the bottom and right edge were missing / clip (imagine if the display was for 1600x900 and displaying on 1360x768, so lost right 140 and bottom 132 pixels)

I tried clearing config folder - no luck.
I tried re-installing - got download for Pandora First Contact (not Nashira yet - but I have email in on that). Installed / Updated that, and now when I start it, the Pandora start-up is in the upper-left quarter of the screen, black extended to other 3 quarters, asking for my license key. But clicking on the OK/Cancel buttons, or anywhere around there, or ~50 random places around the screen, doesn't allow me to enter the key or click OK / Cancel, so I just close out Pandora from the Windows task bar.

I've attached all current logs, DxDiag and MsInfo file - I tried to grab a screen shot using PrintScreen and Windows snipping tool, but couldn't get one.
Attachments
Logs.zip
(137.69 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Display problems on Windows 10

Post by VPaulus »

Uninstall the game and rename the folder named Proxy Studios as _Proxy Studios at:
C:\Users\YOUR_ACCOUNT_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming

That's the procedure for a fresh install of a game.
Maybe the developers can offer a different suggestion.
jabenoit74

Post by jabenoit74 »

Thanks for the idea VPaulus - I had done something half-way there - saving my Config and Data dirs off under a separate name, and then trying to reinstall... had some got a download path for original Pandora First Contact, but had to ask / wait for one for Eclipse of Nashira... kept trying PFC with no luck - converted to Steam Codes and installed / update thru there today - and viola - exact same problem!

I tried hacking the display size values in Config\Pandora.xml, no luck - info was still display in upper left quartile of Windows 10, but with varying clarity / squishiness. I finally flipped the DisplayMode value from 0 to 1, and that works - I get a useful window I can play in - almost as nice as full screen mode.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Well, you can always try one of those borderless programs to remove the borders from the game window.

Return to “Pandora : Tech Support”