How 'Cheaty' is the AI in Magnifico?

Magnifico - Da Vinci’s Art of War is a game of conquest set in the Renaissance period. Wage war and conquer Europe with the help of Leonardo's ingenious war machines.

Moderator: Mixel Staff

gdrover
Victory and Glory
Victory and Glory

How 'Cheaty' is the AI in Magnifico?

Post by gdrover »

How 'Cheat-y' is the AI in Magnifico?
I am really enjoying the game. I played at the lowest difficulty level the first two times and got the hang of the game. During the second game I eventually thought that the AI was not playing very well, and was going to be disappointed that the AI was not very good. Then I discovered that there were various levels of AI that could be chosen in the startup. I decided to choose all '2 star' for my next game. Wow! They really started playing more aggressively and I barely pulled out the win on the last turn 53 - 51 - 48 - 35.
However, during the game I was repeatedly hammered by what appeared to be the most unlikely bad luck during combat. I had focused on Tank technology and had the potential for 7 hits and also 3 gear improvements, so that only three of the six gears could potentially break. I had several instances where 2 or 3 of the 3 gears broke. This seems highly unlikely, so I'm curious about the math. I'm also curious whether, at the higher levels of AI, does the math change against the player?
DaVinciStaff
DaVinciStaff
DaVinciStaff

Re: How 'Cheaty' is the AI in Magnifico?

Post by DaVinciStaff »

Hi,

thanks to play Magnifico :D .

I would assure that the Magnifico's AI not cheats. When we programmed the IA we considered a lot o parameters. More you play more you’ll discover many ways to win, different strategies that could be modified during the game and in base of action of enemies.

So what changes from basic AI and the most advance AI?

the ability to interpret these parameters and calculate the probabilities of the various attacks and then choose the best for their strategy.

If you like Magnifco, please write a review on Steam.

Thanks and enjoy the game.
Mixel Team

Return to “Magnifico - Da Vinci’s Art of War”