New beta patch v1.1.21 - mugshots!

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

nats
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

New beta patch v1.1.21 - mugshots!

Post by nats »

Well I had a quick look at the build and it does look interesting, I like the better feedback on the payloads etc before you choose them.

And I thought I would love to see real peoples photos to add to the immersion, but tbh this is something I gotta say I dont like from first quick look. I mean the women all seem to be relatively fine from what I could see - professional and young looking. But the men! Some of them are overweight, some with glasses on meant to be astronauts - their ages are well off as well! You have 50 year old people on there as 25 year olds which seems well weird. A lot of them just dont look like the kind of people who would be astronauts/professional space engineers! Would probably have been better if you had just gone around a few universities picking younger people I think.

Anyway you get the picture, I think I prefer the non-descript pics after seeing these mugshots lol! Sorry.

So I just wonder what would be the possibility of having the photos in a folder that can be easily deleted thereby enabling use of the placeholder people images instead? Just for people who dont want photos in their game? Would this be possible?

Another question - would it be possible to have all these images as jpgs instead of unity3d images. Because that might open up the opportunity of people adding their own images into these files and putting them on the Steam Workshop. I play Football Manager and the same thing is done there where people can upload actual player photos and team logos for use in their game that the publisher cant officially put into the game for licensing reasons. So if there was any way to add images to this game I am sure tehre would be a surge of mods adding loads of official Nasa and Soviet astronauts etc. So I guess what I am asking is any chance you will open parts of this game up to be modded, like the personnel details?
"It's life Jim, but not as we know it"
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: New beta patch v1.1.21 - mugshots!

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello nats,

Apologies, I forgot to answer to this post. Glad you liked the beta patch. I did some tests here and it might be possible to provide some functionality in order to use your own images as PNG files. I cannot promise it for the next patch, though I'll do my best to have this feature included.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
nats

Post by nats »

And if you delete the photos out of the folder and just leave the generic faces will the game automatically use those ones ok?

I like the idea of us being able to use our own pics I am sure there will be some superb mods come out of that using real pictures of Nasa/Soviet employees (and yes probably some very sad ones as well using Disney characters or something)!
"It's life Jim, but not as we know it"
Agathorn
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Agathorn »

Come one now. Many of us paid extra money to support this game so we could have our ugly mugs in there!

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Early Access Beta Forum”