Why is your netcode so bad?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

sillygoy
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Why is your netcode so bad?

Post by sillygoy »

I live in a region with bad internet and often have to attempt several times to upload a turn before success. Around 70% of the time it works, but in the unlucky 30% I find myself forced to redo the turn altogether. But why would it break in the first place? How hard is it to send turn data from one place to another? I've never had any issues with Sengoku Jidai - but Order of Battle is infuriatingly clumsy when it comes to handling PBEM's.

Today, I just wasted an entire hour doing a turn in one of Erik's massive scenarios. Retry, retry, retry - break. That's how it goes. Seriously. Why is your netcode so bad? Why in God's name would it break?
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: Why is your netcode so bad?

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Is your PBEM opponent having the same trouble?
sillygoy
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Why is your netcode so bad?

Post by sillygoy »

No, since his ISP provides a better service. My main gripe is not that I must retry for many times, but rather that it actually breaks sometimes and I'm forced to redo my turn altogether. When that happens, sometimes there's an error message saying something about "stream" not being allowed to have a null value, other times the progress bar stays full forever without further response from the program.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”