Next DLC?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

WarHomer
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Next DLC?

Post by WarHomer »

Any news or rumours regarding the next DLC?
Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: Next DLC?

Post by Horst »

The next DLC is the console version of the game?
No idea, but there have been so many console-related text entries added to the game in 7.1.6.
The Soviets possibly require less additional units for an addon than a couple of more British & Co. for an Allied one. *shrug*
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Horst wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:42 pm The next DLC is the console version of the game? [...]
The Soviets possibly require less additional units for an addon than a couple of more British & Co. for an Allied one. *shrug*
Yep. Agree.
Horst

Post by Horst »

The big question is if the Soviets and Allies get more than one DLC or not. How much history gets cramped and skipped?
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Oh, time to enquire about DLC again? Ah, time flies!

So when is it?
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Personally I'd like to see some small "Unit pack" DLC's released covering other periods of history containing nothing but units, so that we can simply slot them into scenarios that we create in the editor.
For example we could build a jungle map using the existing terrain type, then use the units from a "Vietnam Units Pack" to put on it.
How about it Charlie?

"Go home yankee playboy!"

kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:32 am Personally I'd like to see some small "Unit pack" DLC's released covering other periods of history containing nothing but units, so that we can simply slot them into scenarios that we create in the editor.
For example we could build a jungle map using the existing terrain type, then use the units from a "Vietnam Units Pack" to put on it.
How about it Charlie?

"Go home yankee playboy!"

The famous scene from cult movie 8) :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLXXJwtkg2g
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Yeah and another interesting scene from FOTI is when a humble farmer takes a pot at a low flying Intruder and kills the RIO, that happens in OOB too when heavy infantry can return fire on planes that are attacking them-

13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Poor pilot! Got splashed with beetroot juice. It's impossible to clean that after.
AMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AMG »

The next DLC is currently in the last stages of development prior to beta. We will provide more information when there are more details available.

Thanks for your patience!

Adam
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

thank you for info Adam..
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

AMG wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:46 pm The next DLC is currently in the last stages of development prior to beta. We will provide more information when there are more details available.

Thanks for your patience!

Adam
Glorious news! Glad that console version isn't slowing down the DLC factory.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

13obo wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:38 pm Glorious news! Glad that console version isn't slowing down the DLC factory.
Agree. A nice surprise. :D
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

AMG wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:46 pm The next DLC is currently in the last stages of development prior to beta..
Well what is it or are we supposed to guess?
This must be the only thread on the internet where nobody's mentioned the title of what we're talking about..:)
AMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AMG »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:01 am
AMG wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:46 pm The next DLC is currently in the last stages of development prior to beta..
Well what is it or are we supposed to guess?
This must be the only thread on the internet where nobody's mentioned the title of what we're talking about..:)
You'll have to wait and see. :roll:
Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 »

@Adam: Now that is very good news. I am still struggling through Erik's PC Afrikakorps port. In slow-mo. :D
@kondi, all: I checked out that Flight of the Intruder thing on youtube. What is that, early 80s? This reminds me that I am probably the youngest person around here...carry on, geezers, and dont drool on your keyboards when you doze off... :mrgreen:
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Andy2012 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:08 am@kondi, all: I checked out that Flight of the Intruder thing on youtube. What is that, early 80s? This reminds me that I am probably the youngest person around here...carry on, geezers, and dont drool on your keyboards when you doze off... :mrgreen:
FOTI is a 1991 film based on the earlier book of the same name, and is set in the Nam war.
There was also a FOTI flight sim in the 80's which I played when I was just a snotnosed kid aged about 35.
I'm 70 years old now and manage to stay awake while playing Armed Assault III multiplayer against kids aged 18 to 45-ish, I play it about 3 hours a day against around 40 opponents and most don't know how old I am, and if I'm giving them a hard time it's funny when they start calling me a "stupid kid" or "useless noob"..:)
I've reached elite level 99 in Armed Assault III, and below is my character, I swop the uniform and weapons according to whatever war and period I'm fighting in.
HEY Slitherine members, if we bump into each other on the servers say hello and I'll buy us a Kingtiger or something, I'll drive and you man the gun..:)

PS- I tell my recruits "Fight with your brain first and your weapons second....Never fear to use insanely overwhelming firepower, let the fear be your enemies....There are no rules in a knife fight"
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

I hope that we returning to South Asia front :)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

I hope we see the new Missile Class :

Screenshot 1499.jpg
Screenshot 1499.jpg (26.86 KiB) Viewed 6025 times

v2_rocket_5.jpg
v2_rocket_5.jpg (370.83 KiB) Viewed 6025 times
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

Just so you can not jump, you must start with the Arab Israeli war of 1948), then the war between the Koreas and so on)))

Soviet offensive in Manchuria.
http://historywars.info/Hronologija_vojn_4_XX_veka.html
http://globaltao.com/sobytiya-v-mire/vo ... -goda.html

Return to “Order of Battle Series”