What's the trick in saving a replay?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

thgmusic
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

What's the trick in saving a replay?

Post by thgmusic »

After doing a search on the term "replay", I have to say that I'm still a bit confused.
Is it possible to save a replay of a scenario from a campaign? I've clicked the button numerous times and thought that I was saving, but could not successfully do so.
I play both the Mac and the Windows version of OoB. Both are updated to the latest version through Steam.

Thanks for any help you can give!
Happy Gameplay!
Brad
Halvralf
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: What's the trick in saving a replay?

Post by Halvralf »

thgmusic wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:25 pm After doing a search on the term "replay", I have to say that I'm still a bit confused.
Is it possible to save a replay of a scenario from a campaign? I've clicked the button numerous times and thought that I was saving, but could not successfully do so.
I play both the Mac and the Windows version of OoB. Both are updated to the latest version through Steam.

Thanks for any help you can give!
At the moment the replay function is broken but it will be fixed with the upcoming patch.
The reasons you want to save a replay can be numerous and none tbh. Some veterans here (like Mojko) share their campaigns in a Let's play Replay manner in this forum. Some (like myself) like to save it when I feel I did a very good scenario to watch and adore in the future :wink: and some don't save replays at all.
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."
thgmusic
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by thgmusic »

Thanks for the information. I'm glad to know it wasn't just my mistake.
I'm not sure exactly how I will use the replay function once it's available. I haven't really played a campaign yet that I thought was worth sharing!
Happy Gameplay!
Brad
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

I'm sure your experiences would be valuable to share if you managed to complete the scenario successfully... Or even if it wasn't successful, it can tell others how not to play!
thgmusic
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by thgmusic »

Was this fixed in the latest patch? 7.1.6
I’ve become so accustomed to jetting right past that screen that I haven’t even tried.
I’m playing through Steam on Mac and PC.
Thanks for any input!
Happy Gameplay!
Brad
Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 »

thgmusic wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:42 pm Was this fixed in the latest patch? 7.1.6
I’ve become so accustomed to jetting right past that screen that I haven’t even tried.
Thanks for any input!
Havent tried it yet - but I guess it should be patched. Anyone?
Halvralf

Post by Halvralf »

thgmusic wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:42 pm Was this fixed in the latest patch? 7.1.6
Thanks for any input!
It's fixed.
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."
thgmusic
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by thgmusic »

Andy2012 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:06 pm
Thanks for any input!
Havent tried it yet - but I guess it should be patched. Anyone?
I can affirm that it is working on my Mac. I just finished up a scenario today and was offered the chance to save the replay, which I did. I then got to watch all my glorious mistakes again! :D

Here's a follow-up question, though. What sort of file-naming convention do I need to use? The default seems less than pithy... :roll:
Happy Gameplay!
Brad
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

thgmusic wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:36 am Here's a follow-up question, though. What sort of file-naming convention do I need to use? The default seems less than pithy... :roll:
:?: Need? Whatever you want, e.g. DLC scenario difficulty result
thgmusic
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by thgmusic »

GabeKnight wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:26 am :?: Need? Whatever you want, e.g. DLC scenario difficulty result
Thanks, I just thought there might be specific types of characters needed for the game engine to recognize the file type.
Happy Gameplay!
Brad
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Now I understand what you meant. The game uses different file extensions for the replay and savegame files and those are stored (and launched) separately, too. You are free to name them as you wish.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”