Aircraft range/endurance?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Aircraft range/endurance?

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Hi, when deciding which planes to buy on the purchase screen, is there any way of knowing how long they can stay in the air?
For example if I'm thinking of buying two nearly-identical types, I'd like to know which one can stay airborne the longest to help me choose.
PS- I've been away from OOB for some months, but I seem to remember there was a unit data sheet somewhere which gave endurance and other data, is it still available?
Halvralf
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Aircraft range/endurance?

Post by Halvralf »

Unit navigator is where you find all stats.
http://mfendek.byethost16.com
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Capture d’écran (11).png
Capture d’écran (11).png (131.27 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Thanks guys, that's a very nice chart and has put a smile on my face bigger than a wave on a slop bucket..:)
PS- I notice that's the latest version, so does that mean the OOB devs change the unit stats from time to time, requiring new versions of the Navigator to be periodically brought out?
Mojko
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Mojko »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:49 am Thanks guys, that's a very nice chart and has put a smile on my face bigger than a wave on a slop bucket..:)
PS- I notice that's the latest version, so does that mean the OOB devs change the unit stats from time to time, requiring new versions of the Navigator to be periodically brought out?
Unit Navigator has its own copy of all data files. These files need to be manually updated by me every time the game changes these files. In most cases, this is a very simple action as I just take all the files from my game folder and copy them over to the Unit Navigator. There were updates that required some dev effort as either file data format changed (plain text to CSV) or game mechanic changed (double precision of movement points).

It's worth noting that I only make changes in the Unit Navigator, I never apply any changes to game files. This makes maintaining of the app much easier.
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

It could be interesting to see Aircraft range/endurance in the game :idea:
You wouldn’t have to play with the app "Unit Navigator" running at the same time as the game :lol:
Mojko

Post by Mojko »

terminator wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:14 am It could be interesting to see Aircraft range/endurance in the game :idea:
You wouldn’t have to play with the app "Unit Navigator" running at the same time as the game :lol:
I would be very happy if all the information present in the Unit Navigator would be in the game so we didn't need to use an extra app. Someone already mentioned that he thinks this is just me doing a high level of trolling - I created an external app to showcase all the missing information in the game :D .

Seriously now, I created this application for my personal use. I don't get any income from it, but it doesn't cost me anything to have it running. It's currently sitting on a free hosting service which has these 2 limits:

1 - if bandwidth usage drops below a certain level per month the hosting will be terminated as the hosting would be deemed as "unused"

-> this means it's important that someone uses the Unit Navigator on a regular basis

2 - if bandwidth usage exceeds a certain threshold per month the hosting will be suspended until the next month

-> this means if too many people use the Unit Navigator we may see the app going down for a time. Of course, this can be remedied by moving to paid hosting, but hopefully, we don't hit this threshold

The Unit Navigator stores all the unit data on the device that you use to view the app. This data is cleared only when I update the app. Additionally, all of the images are cached automatically by your browser so overall the data traffic should not be too high even there are a lot of users.
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Mojko wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:07 am
1 - if bandwidth usage drops below a certain level per month the hosting will be terminated as the hosting would be deemed as "unused"
2 - if bandwidth usage exceeds a certain threshold per month the hosting will be suspended until the next month..
Yes, we're all at the mercy of hosts, that's why I always tell wargamers all over internetland to save my sensational charts and tutorials to their hard drive and/or burn them to disk, because hosts have a habit of going up the spout from time to time, vanishing into cyberspace with our stuff.
Even better, we can screenshot charts and things and print them out because hard copies last forever, witness the Dead Sea scrolls..:)
conboy
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by conboy »

Hooray for the Navigator Tool! Thanks Mojko, I use it at least a couple times a week.
conboy

Return to “Order of Battle Series”