Operation Winter Storm victory conditions

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Mercutio
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Operation Winter Storm victory conditions

Post by Mercutio » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:02 pm

Ok, so I was playing the scenario and the incredible push had me lose my 3rd VP location temporarily, but the scenario didn't end and by turn 22 I relieved the 6th army and took back all the lost VP conditions by the game still has an X on the objective.

If it is necessary to never lose the 3rd VP, even temporarily, then just end the game and not waste my time please.

Hell of a fight, but now it looks like I have to do it all over again. Ugh.

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Re: Operation Winter Storm victory conditions

Post by bebro » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:15 pm

Thx for the feedback. If we are talking about the secondary objectives along the Chir river line it is WAD though, as the requirement is "hold 2" - so losing no. 3 means failure.

If the objective allows to retake them it should be part of the description, like for example in ES it says stuff like "hold or retake" then.

Mercutio

Re: Operation Winter Storm victory conditions

Post by Mercutio » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:22 pm

Thanks for the reply. I realize that it is probably working as designed. However, if that means I can't win, then pop the defeat message then is all I am saying. Instead I figured I was still in and spent another hour for nothing.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”