Having problems securing victory locations

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

neubienaut
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Having problems securing victory locations

Post by neubienaut »

I have been playing Germany Grand Campaign (1939-42) by Erik Nygaard. I have been having a lot of scenarios where I end up with a draw rather than a major victory because the computer indicates I have not taken victory locations
even though it appears I have.

What needs to happen to consider a victory location to be held/taken?

For example, in the scenario where one takes Milton Keynes, Luton, and St. Albans I have been ending up with a draw because it says I did not take Luton. Yet, I have taken it and held it for at least three turns.
The flag is at the top of the bar (I've held it at least three turns), it appears to be supplied, and all the adjacent hexes are in my ZOC but at the end of the game in "Turn Overview" it shows "? Capture Luton" . I've had this occur in other scenarios as well.
What am I not doing to take control of these victory locations?

TIA,

LCH
rafdobrowolski
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Having problems securing victory locations

Post by rafdobrowolski »

I have actually experienced the same in several scenarios in Erik's mods. I wish I would have written them down to share. Also as a note, I am playing on the easiest setting to get through them first to get a sense of what is going on, so there may be a time consideration, where VP's are taken before some sort of other trigger maybe???
Navman2854

Post by Navman2854 »

neubienaut wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:39 pm I have been playing Germany Grand Campaign (1939-42) by Erik Nygaard. I have been having a lot of scenarios where I end up with a draw rather than a major victory because the computer indicates I have not taken victory locations
even though it appears I have.

What needs to happen to consider a victory location to be held/taken?

For example, in the scenario where one takes Milton Keynes, Luton, and St. Albans I have been ending up with a draw because it says I did not take Luton. Yet, I have taken it and held it for at least three turns.
The flag is at the top of the bar (I've held it at least three turns), it appears to be supplied, and all the adjacent hexes are in my ZOC but at the end of the game in "Turn Overview" it shows "? Capture Luton" . I've had this occur in other scenarios as well.
What am I not doing to take control of these victory locations?

TIA,

LCH
If you can post a screenshot showing the situation, it's a lot easier to diagnose what the problem may be and what the solution is.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

neubienaut wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:39 pm What am I not doing to take control of these victory locations?
No use in overthinking this! Usually these kind of issues arise from minor errors in the trigger setups of the respective scenarios. But beware, there are some scenarios where something like a 2-hex radius (or more) around some locations must be held. Always check the objective's description first!

If you want to help, then it would be best to post anything you may notice with as many details provided as possible. Like which scen exactly, which objective or unit did not do what it's supposed to do.

For the time being, you can use the #igotnukes cheat to give you a "Major Victory" to progress in the campaign.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”