Order of Battle: Endsieg Units Preview

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Order of Battle: Endsieg Units Preview

Post by Daniele »

Take a look at some of the new and powerful units the German War Machine would deploy into the battlefield in Endsieg, the latest chapter in the Order of Battle series!

PzKpfw E-100

The Entwicklung Series specialization represents several new tanks in different weight classes and focuses on the standardization of their design. It reduces the cost of the Panther and Tiger II tank units and allows production of the E-100, a virtually indestructible super-heavy tank.

Sturmtiger

This assault gun is built on the Tiger I chassis and is armed with a 380mm rocket-propelled round. This massive firepower combined with the thick armour of the Tiger design make this unit very effective at smashing enemy fortifications while crippling their morale and combat efficiency

Krupp K5 Railroad Gun

In the battle of Anzio on the Italian front, this 283mm railroad gun will be available to rain death upon the Allied positions. Due to a slow reload the weapon is rather ineffective at destroying enemy units, but its extremely long firing range provides an unprecedented ability to strike strategic targets anywhere on the map.

SdKfz 251 Uhu

The new Vampir Nachtjäger specialization focuses on infra-red light, which is only visible though special sighting devices. It unlocks the SdKfz 251 "Uhu" halftrack, equipped with a powerful IR searchlight to increase the offensive combat effectiveness of all adjacent German tanks.

He 177 Atombomber

Through the late-war "Uranprojekt" specialization the Germans gain access to the ultimate weapon: the atomic bomb. While very expensive to produce, a bomber carrying this weapon can evaporate any target on the battlefield.

Me 262 Schwalbe
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Order of Battle: Endsieg Units Preview

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

But here there's not full list... steam link say "Read the full list here"... Please post full list of new units ;)
cutydt02
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by cutydt02 »

hope the new units wont come with stupid "unreliable" trait. Even its historical but no one buy such useless units with so high price
GiveWarAchance
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Interesting units. Three of them are new for me to learn about.
We can rename units right? I want to rename the railway gun to Anzio Annie.
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

GiveWarAchance wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:33 pm We can rename units right? I want to rename the railway gun to Anzio Annie.
That's always been the case so I don't see why not. Say, how about a scenario with an army of Anzio Annie's versus a force of Atombombers? The ultimate smack-down! :)

[Not really, says my rational scenario-designing self. Something about railroad guns being defenseless against atomic bombers, say? But what about a battle of Uhu's and "Annie's" versus a horde of Sturmtigers and Atombombers? Mashup! Frenzied destruction! Chaos! :roll:]

[Hmmm. Further research reveals Uhu was not used for anti-aircraft fire, an assumption that I made when I saw "searchlight." Okay, cue the Schwalbes!]
- Bru
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Maybe the Uhu can cook enemy troops using microwave waves? I don't think there is any rule in the Geneva convention against using microwaves in war. I think it was the Germans in WW2 that invented the microwave oven so I wonder if they planned a weaponized version mounted on halftracks?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

GiveWarAchance wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:18 pm Maybe the Uhu can cook enemy troops using microwave waves? I don't think there is any rule in the Geneva convention against using microwaves in war. I think it was the Germans in WW2 that invented the microwave oven so I wonder if they planned a weaponized version mounted on halftracks?
Fortunately that the Germans did not invent the microwave oven, we would have been all cooked...

Image21.jpg
Image21.jpg (39.12 KiB) Viewed 4463 times

The visibility range of the infra-red viewer mounted on the Panther was increased to 700 meters through the capability of the Uhu searchlight.
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

I didn't know Panthers used infrared. That's pretty cool considering infrared vision is fairly rare even in today's armies. Did the Germans invent infrared tech?
Admiral_Horthy
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Admiral_Horthy »

And there we were infrared rifle sights, too. Although the battery weight was disastrous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zielger%C3%A4t_1229
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Wow that's impressive. The Germans were masters of invention. I wonder had the war continued a few more years, they would have created internet and Twitter for faster battlefield communications.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

GiveWarAchance wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:34 am Wow that's impressive. The Germans were masters of invention. I wonder had the war continued a few more years, they would have created internet and Twitter for faster battlefield communications.
As far as I know, one of the reasons why the United States enjoyed its ensuing 50 years or so of world preeminence is because it grabbed as many German scientists as it could at the end of the war. Otherwise, perhaps we would all be conversing here in Russian. :wink:

Operation Paperclip
- Bru

Return to “Order of Battle Series”