Afrika Korps beta test

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Afrika Korps beta test

Post by Erik2 »

terminator wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:45 pm Afrika Korps 3.1 - mission 1 Aufklarung :

Could someone else test this scenario, I have received the message "disable Tobruk" before the message "enable Tobruk" ?
I think this will happen if you have not met the Enable Tobruk conditions (capture Benghazi and hold more than 2 sec objs) before turn 11.

I have set the Disable Tobruk trigger to inactive at start and added a Set Trigger State (to Enabled) Effect in the Enable Tobruk trigger.
If you understand what i meant... :roll:
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Erik2 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:16 pm
terminator wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:45 pm Afrika Korps 3.1 - mission 1 Aufklarung :

Could someone else test this scenario, I have received the message "disable Tobruk" before the message "enable Tobruk" ?
I think this will happen if you have not met the Enable Tobruk conditions (capture Benghazi and hold more than 2 sec objs) before turn 11.

I have set the Disable Tobruk trigger to inactive at start and added a Set Trigger State (to Enabled) Effect in the Enable Tobruk trigger.
If you understand what i meant... :roll:
I think that another solution is to use the Condition Trigger Timer. From the moment the Trigger "enable Tobruk" is activated, the Trigger Timer is activated by, for example, leaving 5 turns to capture the city. If at the end of 5 turns the city has not been captured, this objective Tobruk is deactivated. To avoid cheating, the Trigger "enable Tobruk" should be deactivated after a period of time.
WarHomer
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by WarHomer »

My second play through of this campaign and I am currently at mission 16. Highest difficulty as usual.

Very fun and challenging (read my earlier notes though).

Crete is too difficult. The defending brits are way too aggressive and destroy most units before they get of the beach. Also the British airforce and especially the navy are way too powerful. I had to skip the mission.

Some trigger errors further along (you get a victory even though you only have 4 out of 5 objectives. This happens in a few missions after mission 10. Dont remember all, but I think it was 14 and one or two others.

Overall its very disappointing only to have a soo few Italien units as you get further along and often no air force at all. I understand the Italians capitulated, but I still have loads in my inventory and I dont recall this happening in the original.

My notes as I remember them just now.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

There's no Crete scenario in the Afrika Korps campaign. Do you mean Herkules/Malta?

You can get a minor victory in a scenario without fulfilling all objectives.

This campaign is mostly based on the original PzC version, so you get the Italians that were present in PzC.

I need scenario specifics to be able to fix issues with triggers/objectives.
WarHomer

Post by WarHomer »

The problem with Italian CP vs the original is that in the original you could place all the Italian units you´d like within the allowed units for a mission. Thats not possible when you have low or no Italian CP´s.

You build up quite a nice Italian core and then its disappointing not being able to use more than a fraction of it. Im not saying you should do 50/50, but at least a few more Italian CP´s (of course detracted from the German) and especially some air. It also makes the campaign more diverse.

And yes I mean Malta :-).
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

OK, I'll check the Italian CPs. Increasing those would probably mean decreasing the German CPs, otherwise this could unbalance the scenarios.
There's no way to allocate a set number of CPs for the Axis and let the player choose which should be used for Italians and Germans. Which could be a nice functionality..
WarHomer

Post by WarHomer »

Yes, more Italian CP´s should definitely be detracted from the German.

I think about 20 land cp and 6-9 air cp should be appropriate for the scenarios where this problem arises (around mission 14-15 and forward as I recall without having tjecked).

Also plz have a look at Malta. I looks like a fun mission, but the problems I´ve mentioned makes it too hard/impossible.

PS. In the meantime I´ve started a new "Italian challenge" (only Italian units) where I use cheat codes to add German prestige, land and air cp to the Italians and it´s going quite well actually.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Just an idea that comes to mind : a Dialog Popup with the possibility to Add Command Points to Italian as in Endsieg ?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

terminator wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:21 am Just an idea that comes to mind : a Dialog Popup with the possibility to Add Command Points to Italian as in Endsieg ?
That could work, especially if the added command points is reduced on the German side.
But first the dialog bug must be fixed :wink:
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Erik2 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:57 pm But first the dialog bug must be fixed :wink:
Which one? If you mean the "Dialog Popup recipient" bug for multiplayer, it shouldn't affect singleplayer scens?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Probably not, but I would like to wait any additions to the campaign until after the next patch.
WarHomer

Post by WarHomer »

In the Caucasus mission it doesn´t seem possible to airlift units across the mountains. You can do paratroopers, but nothing else.

In the mission before there´s some kind of hiccup in the primary objective. You can get 5 objectives and it greenflags the objective, but reverts to red and failed at mission end, and you really need 6.

Two missions further ahead - the one with the amphibious landing - you can only place supply ships near the controlled city, but combat units many other places.
Nameless
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Nameless »

Mission "Malta"

- it is impossible to meet objective "capture 4 airfields"
- not reward for objective - " not lose any italian capitol ships" , maybe add for instance + 100 RP.

Alam Halfa

- not reward for both secondary objectives ( + 1 SP and +1 SP)

Suez Canal

- not reward for both secondary objectives ( + 1 SP and +1 SP)
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Generally I need the scenario names when applying fixes.

Caucasus:
If you can't fly airlanding units across mountains you should report this in the Tech Support forum as this would be a game bug and not a scenario issue.
Zip and add a save game if you have one.
viewforum.php?f=372

Malta:
Do you mean it is too difficult to capture the 4 airfields?
Maybe this is a kondi-only objective... 8)
I have changed this objective so that the player receives 1 spec point for each airfield captured.
Added reward 50 Italian resources if all vessels survives.

Alam Halfa:
Fixed sec obj rewards.

Suez Canal:
Fixed sec obj rewards.

Link updated to 3.2 in first post.
WarHomer

Post by WarHomer »

I dont think the Caucasus thing is a technical issue, I just think that´s its plain impossible.

In the deployment phase you cant airlift anything other than paratroopers, and the same thing applies on turn one.

Or am I missing something?

I dont believe the Malta difficulty issue is just a kondi objective. See my earlier post regarding this.
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Erik2 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:10 am
Thanks for fixes Erik2 !

Mission "Palestine"

- Sec. Obj.

a) "Protect the Oil Fuel Pumps" have no reward,

b) One unit of "Arab Volunteers" is named "Bandits"

c) British troops near Oil Pumps are too powerfull and Arab Volunteers are too week. Maybe it is possible to add one exp star to Arab Volunteers or move some British troops from Oil Pumps location to front line?

- Pri. Obj.

a) " Sink British battleship" - maybe it should be Sec. Obj. with reward ? In mission "Palestine" Player have to capture ... Palestine, sink British ships are just bonus.
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

Okay, I needed a break from Endsieg for the last few weeks and may have played very, very slowly (really busy) a few missions. (Seriously, if I betatest now I go crazy) This is something I wanted to do for a very long time since Panzercorps: AK was always one of my favorites back then.
Anyways, a few notes from the last few weeks.

Reconnaissance in Force: I love how you actually force a core on me and make me play with what is given. Heavy inf and halftracks are usually totally not my style and this makes me adapt and improvise. Guess Rommel had to do the same, work with what you have. I had to retry this a few times til I got it right. Only quibbles: Taking Tobruk is mostly impossible and should remain so. Objectives should change smoother - first take all, after spotting Tobruk is heavily fortified drop the objective and maybe make it 'take 5 of six obj' for major victory. Final objective (Bardia, Sollum) in the east is mostly not attackable, only from one direction. This is a bit too annoying in the last few turns. Maybe remove the block here?

Ras al Mdaaur: Love this, never used the German flametank before. Doesnt need big fixes as far as I can see.
Brevity, Battleaxe, Dash to the wire: Felt good. (Need to revisit them for more detailed statements. As I wrote, it took me a few weeks and I am still quite swamped, working weekends and weekdays for a few months now.)
Second offensive: Going back and forth, I like it - but I feel those units you are given here on the start with fixed positions should be aux, not core.

Will post more later. Love your work Erik, free entertainment and I can replay a classic. Thank you. :D
GiveWarAchance
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Is this campaign very different from Sandstorm? Or it is intended to be the same but more missions to make it longer?

Andy did you do the Sandstorm campaign? Does the Sandstorm core carry into another campaign or is it seperate from Blitzkrieg and Endsieg? I don't know much cause I was playing Panzercorps recently in a desperate struggle to make it through the 44 and 45 Western front campaigns so I need to go back to OOB and relearn it again. I haven't bought Endsieg yet but I have all the other stuff.
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

WarHomer wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:28 pm The problem with Italian CP vs the original is that in the original you could place all the Italian units you´d like within the allowed units for a mission. Thats not possible when you have low or no Italian CP´s.

You build up quite a nice Italian core and then its disappointing not being able to use more than a fraction of it. Im not saying you should do 50/50, but at least a few more Italian CP´s (of course detracted from the German) and especially some air. It also makes the campaign more diverse.
I like these ideas. In the Panzercorps Africa Corp campaign, I tried to maintain a 50/50 German/Italian core. The Italian infantry was very weak but very cheap to refill so it balanced out. I remember reading about Trieste and Ariete and Livorno divisions being historically vital parts of the Axis force.
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

GiveWarAchance wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:25 am Is this campaign very different from Sandstorm? Or it is intended to be the same but more missions to make it longer?

Andy did you do the Sandstorm campaign? Does the Sandstorm core carry into another campaign or is it seperate from Blitzkrieg and Endsieg? I don't know much cause I was playing Panzercorps recently in a desperate struggle to make it through the 44 and 45 Western front campaigns so I need to go back to OOB and relearn it again. I haven't bought Endsieg yet but I have all the other stuff.
This is the Panzercorps Afrikakorps Campaign, ported for OoB. It still needs some tweaking in a few missions to work out properly.
Yes, I played Sandstorm and have an AAR in these forums, somewhere...you can carry your core from either Sandstorm or Panzerkrieg into Endsieg.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”