Panzerkrieg Karkov on Level 4 from Scenarios Menu (Kondi?)

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

conboy
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Panzerkrieg Karkov on Level 4 from Scenarios Menu (Kondi?)

Post by conboy »

Hidee-ho. I'm having a hard time beating the standard roll-your-own Karkhov game from the Panzerkrieg Scenario menu. I have not much trouble capturing the two key towns in the East but get obliterated by the KV1 and T-34 counterattacks from the East. I should have this down but I don't. Started off with two heavy tanks one from the north and one from the south, lots of infantry and move-and-shoot arty with the small anti-tank guys supporting a two-pronged attack to seal the salient, as the briefing advises. As I said, I capture the two objectives in the East within the 5-turn limit but just get hammered by the counterattacks from the East with heavy tanks and everything else from the West. Take a lot of casualties defending Krasnograd (?) in the east but that's not the problem.

Anybody else play this on level 4 from the Scenario menu and have decent luck? If so, what was your strategy? Is one advancing force larger than the other? I'm baffled.

Kondi, you play Level 5, in the noble Dutch military tradition, but can you beat the Karkhov roll-your-own scenario? If so, can you post a vid showing me how it's done, m'm vriend? as a science experiment?

signed,
desperate in Dixie...

conboy
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: Panzerkrieg Karkov on Level 4 from Scenarios Menu (Kondi?)

Post by kondi754 »

I've never played this battle as a separate scenario, always during the campaign.
I had at my disposal a lot of artillery (mainly medium and light, self-propelled rocket launcher Wuhrammen in the south), 1 pz IV and 1 stug F (at) in the north, 2 pz III or IV in the south + 88mm FlaK).
I will try to play from the scenario menu and write "what and how" later.

(EDIT.However, it may take a while because I'm enjoying now by playing Tigers on the Hunt. Great game :!: 8) :wink: )
conboy

Post by conboy »

Thanks very much, Kondi... I didn't mean to put you on the spot, hombre, but thanks very much!

conboy
conboy

Post by conboy »

BTW, I am talking about the 1942 Karkhov (the one with the Romanians) not the 1943 one.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

I can give you one of mine, if you'd like. It's not my best work, and it's level5 and it's played inside the campaign, but... :wink:

Screenshot 692.jpg
Screenshot 692.jpg (517.5 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
Screenshot 693.jpg
Screenshot 693.jpg (442.96 KiB) Viewed 1066 times

This really was one tough and costly battle. 8)
Attachments
Panzerkrieg_scn03_lvl5_GK.rar
(32.01 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
conboy

Post by conboy »

hay! thanks! Looking forward to replay.

conboy

Return to “Order of Battle Series”