Connect El Agheila to Bardia?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

stuka75
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Connect El Agheila to Bardia?

Post by stuka75 »

Not sure how to interpret this as a primary objective when playing Sandstorm. Create a supply line through the desert? By pass Tobruk assuming it hasn't been taken? Long ways around or through the desert.
Thanks.
Mojko
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Connect El Agheila to Bardia?

Post by Mojko »

Yes, you need to connect these two points with a supply line. My advice is to ignore units in the north and go directly for Tobruk. This way you can prevent Tobruk from being reinforced from the troops in the north. Their mine defence fields are impressive but cheap Italian infantry will gladly throw themselves on the mines to remove them.
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)
stuka75

Re: Connect El Agheila to Bardia?

Post by stuka75 »

Mojko wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:31 pm Yes, you need to connect these two points with a supply line. My advice is to ignore units in the north and go directly for Tobruk. This way you can prevent Tobruk from being reinforced from the troops in the north. Their mine defence fields are impressive but cheap Italian infantry will gladly throw themselves on the mines to remove them.
Thank you. Tobruk is pretty ambitious, at least later in other campaigns I've played. Will have to try your advice. Have a good one.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”