Air Strip units in my Core reserve???

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

tula1959
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Air Strip units in my Core reserve???

Post by tula1959 »

Have been slogging my way through Erik's German Grand Campaign (just reached the outskirts of Moscow!) and for quite a while now I have had several air strip units showing in my Core reserve.
I do not know how they got there as there is no way to purchase them that I have ever seen. In all prior battles in this campaign and others, one has to have a "construction" unit in order to build an airstrip on the map....and as I have never seen any way to "purchase" a construction unit, I see no way of making any use of these airstrip units.....????? Am I missing something here?????
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Air Strip units in my Core reserve???

Post by Erik2 »

Probably some spawned airstrip units that had nowhere to spawn...?
Maybe you can disband them.
Do you remember which scenario the strips first appeared?
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

I think something like this happens with "core" constructions groups. Useful, but the airstrips they've built then remained "core" units in campaign play...
tula1959
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tula1959 »

I think Gabe may be right - whatever scenario it was that strips were built way back when, they then went in to Core afterwards... And no, I do not recall which scenario they were first built, nor when first showed up in Core... too many scenarios in the long road of the GGC to remember LOL

Return to “Order of Battle Series”