Guys, guys, where am I?!?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Guys, guys, where am I?!?

Post by Shards »

Well this should be the 20th reply, let's see....
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Shards wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:45 am Well this should be the 20th reply, let's see....
I've always wondered how come you don't know these things. Aren't you "The Man" from Slitherine? :wink:
CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA »

Gabe's deductive skills are impeccable as always. 25 posts make a topic "hot". All these kind of things are set by the admins... :wink:
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

CoolDTA wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:50 pm Gabe's deductive skills are impeccable as always. 25 posts make a topic "hot". All these kind of things are set by the admins... :wink:
I call "BS, dude" until proven! :x ( :wink: ) So let's pony up and see, shall we? Here is the count before this particular post:

Capture1066.jpg
Capture1066.jpg (32.99 KiB) Viewed 1869 times

Let's see if Bru can come up with two more [meaningful] posts in short order. Shouldn't be too hard for a blowhard. :)

This post is now reply #23.
- Bru
bru888

Post by bru888 »

For reply #24, I will speculate on the need for both color coding and a little red envelope to indicate unread posts. Are we not beginning to look a bit fruity, eh?

Capture1067.jpg
Capture1067.jpg (44.91 KiB) Viewed 1867 times
- Bru
bru888

Post by bru888 »

CoolDTA wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:50 pm Gabe's deductive skills are impeccable as always. 25 posts make a topic "hot". All these kind of things are set by the admins... :wink:
I call "Correctomundo, dude!" It's 24 replies plus OP = 25 posts total:

Capture1068.jpg
Capture1068.jpg (10.52 KiB) Viewed 1863 times

Hot, baby, hot! My first hot topic! And knowing me, not my last one, either, even if I have to provide most of the replies myself. :roll:
- Bru
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

GabeKnight wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:49 am
Shards wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:45 am Well this should be the 20th reply, let's see....
I've always wondered how come you don't know these things. Aren't you "The Man" from Slitherine? :wink:
Merely one of many :) We are legion
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Shards wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:15 pm Merely one of many :) We are legion
Which notion is upheld by clicking "The Team" in Quick Links. Wow. I call "Overstaffed, dude!" :wink:
- Bru
CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA »

bru888 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:12 pm And knowing me, not my last one, either, even if I have to provide most of the replies myself. :roll:
It couldn't be any other way. :lol: And you did it without Deja Bru's help. :mrgreen:
bru888

Post by bru888 »

CoolDTA wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:29 pmAnd you did it without Deja Bru's help. :mrgreen:
Yeah, that guy is back in mothballs. :oops:

Look, I am who I am, moderator or not, okay? Trying to be two personas in the same forum, one for rough-and-tumble and the other for that hint of authority, just did not work. I would forget who I was and reply with the wrong account! Plus when I switched from one to the other, all of the "read/unread" post markers would be changed and confusing.

I will keep Deja Bru for when I go elsewhere in Slitherine country, though. That's one of the drawbacks about the moderator avatar here. It's labeled OOB. So say I wanted to express an opinion in the Panzer Corps 2 forum, like "What the heck is taking you guys so long? Hello?" It will not look like I am carpetbagging if the poster is Mr. Deja Bru. :wink:
- Bru
CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA »

No worries, mate. I for one appreciate all posts made by various Bru incarnations. :) Back in the days (loooong time ago) when I still had some energy left I was a moderator at several boards. Not so easy to keep tabs of all those accounts when posting.

Now that "The Team" made this upgrade I wish they had added a couple of more smileys. There could be for instance a smiley to be used when you fine gentlemen share some pearls of wisdom to a seeker of knowledge. (this one -> Image )
bru888

Post by bru888 »

CoolDTA wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:08 pmNow that "The Team" made this upgrade I wish they had added a couple of more smileys. There could be for instance a smiley to be used when you fine gentlemen share some pearls of wisdom to a seeker of knowledge. (this one -> Image )
Yes. Another thing that I would like to see here is reputation/thanks.
- Bru

Return to “Order of Battle Series”