Order of Battle - 6.1.9

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Order of Battle - 6.1.9

Post by Shards »

Hi,

Just a minor, non-compulsory patch, that fixes some issues with loading up old PBEM games.

Available from the Updater on the game launcher or from the members area

Thanks,
uran21
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Re: Order of Battle - 6.1.9

Post by uran21 »

Works for me :D
Juansana
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Juansana »

I never find the downloads. Where do I have to look?
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

Juansana wrote:I never find the downloads. Where do I have to look?
Yes, it's puzzling as to why they don't do this better. I have to wonder how much they lose in sales for the simple reason that they don't make it easy to find these files. (The alternative, of course, is to get the game on Steam or someplace else like that, but I prefer the hands-on approach, you know? :))

Anyway, here is what I figured out. First, there is a difference between Slitherine's Members Club and Matrix's Members Club. So, were you to click "Members" at the top of this screen, you are directed here for login:
Capture1318.jpg
Capture1318.jpg (358.47 KiB) Viewed 6481 times
And once you do, you arrive here:
Capture1319.jpg
Capture1319.jpg (347.21 KiB) Viewed 6481 times
The problem is, this members area contains only your game serial numbers and old downloads, like for Winter War; if you click [Core] for that, you get a link to download an installer for version 2.5.0. Not what you want to do, I'd say.

It's Matrix's Member Club that you need, and that link is https://www.matrixgames.com/members/games.asp?Filter=0

Same log in procedure but this members area has a different set of links. The link that you want is highlighted:
Capture1320.jpg
Capture1320.jpg (381.07 KiB) Viewed 6481 times
That link takes you to this long list and if you scroll down and click this . . .
Capture1321.jpg
Capture1321.jpg (163.63 KiB) Viewed 6481 times
. . . you arrive finally at the Promised Land!
Capture1322.jpg
Capture1322.jpg (649.14 KiB) Viewed 6481 times
I will stand for correction, as always, but when Slitherine says "You can download it from the Members Area," they mean Matrix, not Slitherine. This is evidenced by the link that AlbertoC provided in his "Order of Battle - Update v.6.1.8" announcement thread. Why the two Member Clubs/Areas are not the same is unknown by me.
- Bru
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

In the Slitherine members area the ww2 update is on the bottom of the OOB list.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Erik2 wrote:In the Slitherine members area the ww2 update is on the bottom of the OOB list.
I'll be darned if I can find it there, Erik. Screen print? (Don't forget to blur/block your serial numbers.) Here's what I see:
Capture1323.jpg
Capture1323.jpg (180.05 KiB) Viewed 6471 times
The [Updates] link under Panzerkrieg goes to version 5.1.6. Clicking Sandstorm [Core] does bring you to 6.1.7 but that's not what we are looking for when it's time for a patch.
- Bru
Juansana

Post by Juansana »

@bru888

Hello, as always you are a very big help. Very well explained, everything found quickly. Just thanks for that.
From now on I will find and download updates faster
However, the question remains why the updates cannot be found on slitherine. Here, too, I fully share your opinion.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

They're here:

https://www.slitherine.com/members/publicdl.asp?gid=516

Which is behind the Order of Battle: World War II entry in members (it's free to get from the store..)
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Shards, maybe it's me, but you know that I am only trying to be helpful, as always.

If you are talking about this link in Slitherine's member area:
Capture1323.jpg
Capture1323.jpg (71.9 KiB) Viewed 6451 times
It takes you (that is, me) here:
Capture1011.jpg
Capture1011.jpg (676.58 KiB) Viewed 6451 times
Clicking "Downloads" at the top of that screen takes you (me) here:
Capture1012.jpg
Capture1012.jpg (401.02 KiB) Viewed 6451 times
Which is not what we want. Oh, what if I need to register that link? So I try to do so by entering my latest serial number (Sandstorm), which is unsuccessful:
Capture1010.jpg
Capture1010.jpg (74.41 KiB) Viewed 6451 times
Now, if I am having these difficulties, is it because I am looking in the wrong spot on the Slitherine member area, or maybe my game registration/configuration is flawed? What does that section of the Slitherine member area look like to you guys and/or can you point to where you would obtain patch 6.1.9 therein?
- Bru
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Well, you've spotted one key issue, that Downloads page should have 6.1.9 on it :)

I can't experiment with this, but what happens if you "buy" the base game for free? Does it change the members page for you at all?
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Okay, I just discovered the answer. One must be already logged in to the member area to follow your link, Shards.

So this is what I did, and when I did it, it came back to me because I noticed this before. Right now, I am logged onto the forum, obviously, but I had purposely logged out and closed my browser, then signed on again here.

When I click your link the first time, I get this screen:
Capture1013.jpg
Capture1013.jpg (457.23 KiB) Viewed 6441 times
As I described above, when I log onto that screen, I go here:
Capture1014.jpg
Capture1014.jpg (343.06 KiB) Viewed 6441 times
Which fails for the reasons shown above.

HOWEVER, if I NOW leave that page and I click your link AGAIN, I go directly here:
Capture1015.jpg
Capture1015.jpg (582.9 KiB) Viewed 6441 times
Which is where we want to be. But, how many people are confused by this in this manner? Heck, I've been through this several times myself and I keep forgetting and getting confused.

For one thing, do you see the difference from Matrix's member area and Slitherine's? Matrix has that "Members Only Download" link; why not Slitherine?

So when you provide that link to the Slitherine members area in a post, it's not ideal in that just using that link does not get one there unless one is already logged into your member area, and you don't provide links to patches there. One must know the specific URL to get to the patches and must be already logged in to the members area.

And yes, for a patch, why not just provide it right on the game page? I can see using member areas for the game installation files, but patches should not require much security, I don't think.

Again, you are in charge, of course. These are just helpful comments but you can see, every time you release new DLC, upgrades, or patches, you have users like Juansana (and me) scratching our heads.

(This time, I'm taking notes, though. :wink: )
- Bru
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Follow up to what I just said: All that has to happen to invalidate that link is to just close the browser. When I open it up again, I am still logged on here as bru888 but I am not logged onto the member area. When I click your link, I must log in separately to the member area and then remember to then leave that page, go to your link, and click it for the second time. That's when it takes me to the page which you intend.

EDIT: Heh, your friend seems to be aware of this and takes the easy way out. :wink:
Capture1016.jpg
Capture1016.jpg (479.75 KiB) Viewed 6437 times
- Bru
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Thanks, as always, for the amazing pictorial guide Bru :)

I am genuinely not the master of all the in's and out's of our two websites. I'll ask internally to find out if we could be communicating the locations of these downloads better

Ta!
steevodeevo
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by steevodeevo »

Shards, are you able to say how the Devs fixed the video hitching on the new animated intro a short while back with the latest patch iterations?

I know all folks didn't have this problem, it was with a minority, but my intro video was terrible, the stutter made it unwatchable, however the most recent major patch (couple of months back?) simply and miraculously fixed it.

When I originally reported it I recall someone suggesting it may have been a problem with my sound device or drivers. I have the latest drivers I can apply but my card is a little old.

The reason I ask is I'm also playing another game, an RPG, which is also written in Unity and im getting the same sort of hitching, which I'm convinced is linked to sound.

It would be terrific if I could pass on some helpful advice or even hook up the sound guys from OOB and my other game. It's also a small company, in their case a crowd funded product, and have finite resources, so they tend to gratefully accept any help they can get, they're a really cool and humble team.

I haven't sought their permission to link you up, but it just seems worth exploring as again a small minority of players of this game are tortured by stutter that the Devs are struggling with and feels very similar to what I was getting.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi,

Previously, the video was playing using an old Unity UI element. We updated it to use the new VideoPlayer component

Thanks!
steevodeevo

Post by steevodeevo »

thanks Shards
Fedem
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by Fedem »

Hi Guys, Is the Patch also for 64 bits. Currently when I open the game I have the 6.1.7 64 bits version.

Tks!!
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Fedem wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:01 am Hi Guys, Is the Patch also for 64 bits. Currently when I open the game I have the 6.1.7 64 bits version.

Tks!!
I can confirm from personal experience that this patch updates the 6.1.7 64-bit version but you ask a good question. What about the PC 32-bit version which is still around?
- Bru
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

bru888 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:06 pm What about the PC 32-bit version which is still around?
It's a separate download:

http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Order ... v6.1.9.zip
Fedem

Post by Fedem »

So. Just to be sure. The 64 bits version is the one of 12 June of 638.23MB right?

Tks for the help!

Return to “Order of Battle Series”