Order of Battle - 6.1.9

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Order of Battle - 6.1.9

Post by VPaulus »

Fedem wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:41 pm So. Just to be sure. The 64 bits version is the one of 12 June of 638.23MB right?

Tks for the help!
Yes.
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

gw15, so that you know, I have moved your recent posts from here to a new thread in Tech Support. Unfortunately, technical issues are above my pay grade so I must defer to the experts at this point.

Sorry that you are still having trouble. I hope you will stick with it, get the necessary support, and be successful in the end so that you may enjoy this fine game. Good luck.

Your new thread is: Cannot Install 6.1.7 / Update to 6.1.9
- Bru
GiveWarAchance
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by GiveWarAchance »

I tried playing OOB again after a year or two of never touching it cause of problems on the forum. The upgrades have made the game very good and I like the introduction movie. I picked up the DLCs I missed and will get back into playing this game.
I was surprised by the gigantic sizes of the last two patches up to 2GB. Why were they so big? I guess the movie added a lot of size to it.
I'm gonna enjoy the Sandstorm DLC cause it is rare to get to use Italian units in games.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

GiveWarAchance wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:59 am I tried playing OOB again after a year or two of never touching it cause of problems on the forum. The upgrades have made the game very good and I like the introduction movie. I picked up the DLCs I missed and will get back into playing this game.
I was surprised by the gigantic sizes of the last two patches up to 2GB. Why were they so big? I guess the movie added a lot of size to it.
A new patch will go out very certainly with the release of the next DLC Endsieg out on November 13th.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

GiveWarAchance wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:59 am I tried playing OOB again after a year or two of never touching it cause of problems on the forum. The upgrades have made the game very good and I like the introduction movie. I picked up the DLCs I missed and will get back into playing this game.
I'm gonna enjoy the Sandstorm DLC cause it is rare to get to use Italian units in games.
GiveWar! It's nice to have you back here. Stick around now, will you? Through thick(-headed) and thin(-skinned)? Not you, of course; just in general. :wink:

It's fun here and you have had some of it, you must admit, plus you've made some nice contributions to our discussions. Don't let nonsense sidetrack you this time.
- Bru
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

bru888 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:42 pm
GiveWar! It's nice to have you back here. Stick around now, will you? Through thick(-headed) and thin(-skinned)? Not you, of course; just in general. :wink:

It's fun here and you have had some of it, you must admit, plus you've made some nice contributions to our discussions. Don't let nonsense sidetrack you this time.
bru888, thank you for your hearty welcome and your never-ending passion for this excellent game. I want to get into this game properly now. It is a really good game and I got all the DLCs so I have huge gaming potential with this. Have you played the Sandstorm DLC yet?
bru888

Post by bru888 »

GiveWarAchance wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:36 amHave you played the Sandstorm DLC yet?
No, not yet, although I hear Sandstorm is good. I've been spending the last few months redeveloping some things to suit my tastes. It's funny; I have as much fun designing as playing this game! When I'm done with my project, which will be a few months more, then I will tear into what I have redesigned and have a blast. So no, I'm not following the usual OOB playtrack although I have acquired every DLC so far and I will get Endsieg as well next week.
- Bru
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

That's not unusual. I've seen a lot of people who like modding and making user-made scenarios even more than playing the game. What battle are you making?
bru888

Post by bru888 »

GiveWarAchance wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:35 am That's not unusual. I've seen a lot of people who like modding and making user-made scenarios even more than playing the game. What battle are you making?
I've been redesigning the DLC. Nothing major; the basics remain the same. Just tidying up, ensuring everything works as the designers intended, making a few improvements here and there. I can't share the results unfortunately, much as I'd like to, but it passes the time pleasantly and when I'm done, I will have everything that I ever wanted from OOB.
- Bru
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

You mod the game only for your own campaign? Or you are helping the devs upgrade the game? Maybe they want your upgraded version.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

bru888 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:43 amI've been redesigning the DLC. Nothing major; the basics remain the same. Just tidying up, ensuring everything works as the designers intended, making a few improvements here and there. I can't share the results unfortunately, much as I'd like to, but it passes the time pleasantly and when I'm done, I will have everything that I ever wanted from OOB.
If you share the results, can be that nobody anymore would want to buy the official campaign :wink:
bru888

Post by bru888 »

GiveWarAchance wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:44 am You mod the game only for your own campaign? Or you are helping the devs upgrade the game? Maybe they want your upgraded version.
Only for myself.
terminator wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:49 am If you share the results, can be that nobody anymore would want to buy the official campaign :wink:
That's why I cannot. I may dump on those folks occasionally but I have too much respect for the game, the development process, and business in general to do that.
- Bru
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

bru, what kind of changes to do you make to the campaigns? I'm finding the game very challenging to finish on time as it is. Are you making it harder or easier? Do you change supply & numbers of units ingame?
bru888

Post by bru888 »

GiveWarAchance wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:04 pm bru, what kind of changes to do you make to the campaigns? I'm finding the game very challenging to finish on time as it is. Are you making it harder or easier? Do you change supply & numbers of units ingame?
Only a few things, here and there, do I change about the basic workings of the scenarios and campaigns. Basically, I look for stuff that is not working as intended and designed (to the best of my knowledge, of course, and I freely admit that I guess at times) due to oversights plus I correct the various misspellings and grammar errors that I find (like this from Operation Downfall: "Counter attacks launched from the peninsula will seize." Ugh, did that made me cringe! :) ) Once in a while, I will add a unit or a trigger or a popup when I think it would be appropriate, but that's it.

And that's all I'm telling you about it, my friend. Next thing you know, I'll be banned and you'll be asking "Whatever happened to Bru?" :roll:
- Bru
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

I wish I could have your fixes incorporated into my game.
Now I'm feeling very curious about what the counterattacks are supposed to seize from the player: your flag, captives for intel or maybe your rations?
bru888

Post by bru888 »

GiveWarAchance wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:44 am Now I'm feeling very curious about what the counterattacks are supposed to seize from the player: your flag, captives for intel or maybe your rations?
Heh, you're overthinking that one. The wording should be "Counter attacks launched from the peninsula will cease," not "seize."
- Bru
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

bru888 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:43 pm
terminator wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:49 am If you share the results, can be that nobody anymore would want to buy the official campaign :wink:
That's why I cannot. I may dump on those folks occasionally but I have too much respect for the game, the development process, and business in general to do that.
Uhu made the Custom campaign - Finland in WW 2 : You have to have the original oob winter war campaign to play it.
kverdon
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by kverdon »

Bru. Yeah I certainly get where you are coming from. Being disgruntled that the Marine Corps DLC ended at Iwo Jima and not Okinawa, I modded the campaign to include the Okinawa scenario for the original game. I actually enjoyed it more using the units from the USMC campaign, (I.e. No Pershing's etc) than the original campaign. It was nice to give your USMC core one last battle with all their experienced and extra Units.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”