Sandstorm units

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Taare
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Sandstorm units

Post by Taare »

Wow lots of elitist and condenscending answers to UweBlietschau here, shame on you guys and moderators especially.
Funny that the one who threw the first insult did not understand the subtle comeback from uwe. says more about them.
Yes you have legitimate concerns, and they are indeed long in the coming with a lot of these things.
Considering the prices of all the dlc together it is astonishing how little the devs tend to the the communities wishes,i have spent lots more on this game than any other. Still it is lacking...
And again you are not the one being obnoxious Uwe, that honor belongs to the people who imediately went into offense is the best defence.

SHAME on you guys.
Yogi the Great
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Yogi the Great »

UweBlietschau just to let you know I did attempt to send you a pm but I don't think you probably got it. Every time I try to send a message on the Slitherine system (I stay mostly on Matrix) it says it was successfully sent but then I notice it stays in the outbox and just doesn't go out.

Anyway thanks was interesting and informative. Nice job.
Adebar
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Adebar »

Taare:

+1
Last edited by Adebar on Fri May 18, 2018 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IC XC
NI KA
Deja Bru
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Deja Bru »

Yogi the Great wrote:. . . it says it was successfully sent but then I notice it stays in the outbox and just doesn't go out.
That's what I used to think but I learned that in the Slitherine system, a PM "stays" in your outbox until it is opened by a least one of the recipients. That is, the message actually does "go out" but is not recorded as sent and cleared from your outbox until the person(s) to whom you sent the message see that they have a new message and go to open it.
- Bru
Yogi the Great
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Yogi the Great »

Deja Bru wrote:
Yogi the Great wrote:. . . it says it was successfully sent but then I notice it stays in the outbox and just doesn't go out.
That's what I used to think but I learned that in the Slitherine system, a PM "stays" in your outbox until it is opened by a least one of the recipients. That is, the message actually does "go out" but is not recorded as sent and cleared from your outbox until the person(s) to whom you sent the message see that they have a new message and go to open it.
Thanks
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

I loved so much new Italians infantry units and their 3D models that I make a tour to recognize 3D model of all others nations infantry model: I loved british, USA and germans but which one that has need of new 3D model is Russian infantry: they have anonymous model, no distinctive elements.
Please Devs do somethings!!!
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

I loved so much new Italians infantry units and their 3D models that I make a tour to recognize 3D model of all others nations infantry model: I loved british, USA and germans but which one that has need of new 3D model is Russian infantry: they have anonymous model, no distinctive elements.
Please Devs do somethings!!!
Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 »

@all: Alright, UweBlietschau has now been banned. He was / is another account (as some already rightly pointed out) by banned forum troll HBalck. He has had others before, which were also banned aka DetlefHarbemeyer, Marko78, Manstein75, Hermann71 and what have you. But we are getting very good at spotting and nuking them. (UweBlietschau was on our watchlist already, that's why I was, let's say, less polite and considerate than usual.)

For the policy, see here: viewtopic.php?f=374&t=77956

As you may notice when reading his posts here and elsewhere, his approach is mostly to hop on bug reports, complain, sow discord and defend himself with multiple accounts. He then spams users with PMs for his mods - please forward these PMs to mods or Slitherine employees immediately. Some have done this already, thanks. Keep it up. :D
Another warning: Siding with HBalck, promoting his mods or other behaviour in this direction will not be tolerated. This is not up for discussion and will be enforced rigorously. We are open for debate, but will not tolerate harassment, threats, insults and trolling.
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Very well, another Hbalch account banned, now we can back tell about the game...
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote:Very well, another Hbalch account banned, now we can back tell about the game...
That's the spirit. :D
I will post another AAR in my review thread about Crusader later. Tough one, but winnable. Let's enjoy this game together and leave the weirdos out of this.
Navman2854
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Navman2854 »

Andy2012 wrote:@all: Alright, UweBlietschau has now been banned. He was / is another account (as some already rightly pointed out) by banned forum troll HBalck. He has had others before, which were also banned aka DetlefHarbemeyer, Marko78, Manstein75, Hermann71 and what have you. But we are getting very good at spotting and nuking them. (UweBlietschau was on our watchlist already, that's why I was, let's say, less polite and considerate than usual.)

For the policy, see here: viewtopic.php?f=374&t=77956

As you may notice when reading his posts here and elsewhere, his approach is mostly to hop on bug reports, complain, sow discord and defend himself with multiple accounts. He then spams users with PMs for his mods - please forward these PMs to mods or Slitherine employees immediately. Some have done this already, thanks. Keep it up. :D
Another warning: Siding with HBalck, promoting his mods or other behaviour in this direction will not be tolerated. This is not up for discussion and will be enforced rigorously. We are open for debate, but will not tolerate harassment, threats, insults and trolling.
Good pickup guys!! To quote Kirk in Star Trek II (Wrath of Khan) - "I'll give him this: he's consistent!"
Navman2854

Post by Navman2854 »

:roll: Can someone please delete 2 of those?? I kept getting this error submitting:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php on line 429: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php on line 212: Illegal string offset 'entopic_notify'

Recoverable fatal error: Object of class template could not be converted to string in /home/slitherine/public_html/forum/includes/functions_messenger.php on line 212
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I've had a few of those errors as well. Now I just ignore it and check the post.
If you edit a post you're supposed to be able to delete it. There's an option over the subject field.
Navman2854

Post by Navman2854 »

Erik2 wrote:I've had a few of those errors as well. Now I just ignore it and check the post.
If you edit a post you're supposed to be able to delete it. There's an option over the subject field.
Yeah Eric, I checked my post too late after 3 errors, know now to just ignore it. The delete option I saw only on my last post in the thread (the one w/error shown). I guess I could have deleted it and then the last duplicate becomes last in thread, I could delete it, rinse, shampoo, repeat? Can someone confirm this? I don't want to mess with the thread :roll:
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

I noticed that british Paras has Thompson MachineGun, also in 1941... I think they must have sten MG...
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

You should be able to dele single posts without messing with the thread.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Navman2854 wrote:I don't want to mess with the thread :roll:
Just forget about it. No damage done.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Navman2854 wrote:I don't want to mess with the thread :roll:
Just forget about it. No damage done.

You see. Happens to everyone :D
Steenv
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Steenv »

So UweBlietschau was a fake, shame on him :evil: But IMHO the point about the maps being a rip from Panzer General Afrika Korps is valid. I was really not having much fun with the first 3-4 maps, knowing the plot. The Convoy ship mission is super nice :mrgreen:
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

Steenv wrote:So UweBlietschau was a fake, shame on him :evil: But IMHO the point about the maps being a rip from Panzer General Afrika Korps is valid. I was really not having much fun with the first 3-4 maps, knowing the plot. The Convoy ship mission is super nice :mrgreen:
Well, if you cover the same campaign, the same battles will show up. Also, the same geographical location will be used. This is to a certain degree unavoidable. Any Germany 44-45 campaign will have a Battle of the Bulge mission and possibly a Seelow Heights mission. You can do twists and slight alterations, but the basic facts will always be there.
But good to know that you are having fun. :D

Return to “Order of Battle Series”