Kriegsmarine Operation Torch, No Carrier Now

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: Kriegsmarine Operation Torch, No Carrier Now

Post by terminator »

TDefender wrote:Thanks a lot for reply! With more than 800 hours of gameplay my idea about OoB is quite clear :D But I hope anyway they're going to fix that asap as it should be.
You can find a little more information here : http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 75#p724536
shiroronin
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by shiroronin »

terminator wrote:
TDefender wrote:So... I would like to begin this campaign, is it fully playable or I have to wait for some fix/patch ? :?:
Yes, it is playable :)
The bug is only for a secondary objective : "The date at the campaign screen is incorrect, which makes it so that you can't choose the aircraft carrier specialization.
This makes accomplishing the bonus objective with your French units virtually impossible."
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 75#p723819
Do not listen to @shiroronin :evil: , its only purpose is to denigrate this game :(

Nope my good troll, my ONLY objective was to point the still existing bugs...BTW i'm a huge fan with all the expansions, game IS great, but these pesky bugs...
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

shiroronin wrote:
terminator wrote:
TDefender wrote:So... I would like to begin this campaign, is it fully playable or I have to wait for some fix/patch ? :?:
Yes, it is playable :)
The bug is only for a secondary objective : "The date at the campaign screen is incorrect, which makes it so that you can't choose the aircraft carrier specialization.
This makes accomplishing the bonus objective with your French units virtually impossible."
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 75#p723819
Do not listen to @shiroronin :evil: , its only purpose is to denigrate this game :(

Nope my good troll, my ONLY objective was to point the still existing bugs...BTW i'm a huge fan with all the expansions, game IS great, but these pesky bugs...
It was not the impression that you gave in your first comments :|
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

Guys, GabeKnight says the following in Tech Support:
GabeKnight wrote:
You can scratch that, it's working alright. Just started a new campaign and nuked my way through.

But it looks like it won't work if you're using an old savegame from previous versions of OoB (http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 72&t=85475)
Do you agree? Is this still an issue or not?
- Bru
shiroronin

Post by shiroronin »

bru888 wrote:Guys, GabeKnight says the following in Tech Support:
GabeKnight wrote:
You can scratch that, it's working alright. Just started a new campaign and nuked my way through.

But it looks like it won't work if you're using an old savegame from previous versions of OoB (http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 72&t=85475)
Do you agree? Is this still an issue or not?
CONFIRMED (normal way :) ) "TIME BUG" CORRECTED ! Now we can have Ger carrier (Op Torch) ! Thanks :D
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

@shiroronin: Well, to be fair your posts did resemble a well-known forum troll and his mannerisms. But good to know that you are having fun. :D
VKing23
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by VKing23 »

There is still on issue with this scenario, even if its not the "Carrier Bug" which has been corrected.

One primary objective is to sink 18 enemy warships, but the counter never goes up when you sink british or american ships. This seems to be the same bug as with the Norway scenario/Blitzkrieg.
Deja Bru
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Deja Bru »

VKing23 wrote:There is still on issue with this scenario, even if its not the "Carrier Bug" which has been corrected.

One primary objective is to sink 18 enemy warships, but the counter never goes up when you sink british or american ships. This seems to be the same bug as with the Norway scenario/Blitzkrieg.
Yes, terminator agrees with you: viewtopic.php?f=372&t=85476&start=20#p725027
- Bru
shiroronin

Post by shiroronin »

VKing23 wrote:There is still on issue with this scenario, even if its not the "Carrier Bug" which has been corrected.

:cry: "I have no mouth, but I must scream!" :cry: then again how's that even possible ? Is it M-soft way ? With the new patch just dont fix the existing bugs AND create even more ?
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

shiroronin wrote: :cry: "I have no mouth, but I must scream!" :cry: then again how's that even possible ? Is it M-soft way ? With the new patch just dont fix the existing bugs AND create even more ?
".., and I must scream" (H.Ellison).
True, you'll have to get used to this playing OoB. :roll:
And technically, this is not a new error, just another manifestation of an existing one... :wink:

Return to “Order of Battle Series”