Full Campaign from 1939 to 1945?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

SerinMaldy
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Full Campaign from 1939 to 1945?

Post by SerinMaldy »

I have been playing OOB and loving it. I tried the German Grand Campaign (with bugs) but it ends in 1942 range. I can't seem to find how to play past it. Is there a campaign that covers sept 1 1939 Poland, through 1945? If not is there a way to get request in for it? Maybe have you jump to Africa/Italy after France and then Germany Defense? Or maybe Eastern Front from all the small country invasions to actually attacking Russia and then Defending against Russia to 1945? It just seems that the whole game and even DLCs (Which I have all of them) End about 1942ish. Except the Pacific that I played; that went all the way to 1945 attacking Tokyo. The reason I ask is because I never get a chance to enjoy Panther or Tiger tanks or StraussTruppen, or any of the more advance technology.

Just asking.

Thanks.
Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: Full Campaign from 1939 to 1945?

Post by Horst »

I went back to Sea Lion (40) in the GGC to enjoy at least this campaign until the end. The problem is the campaign editor that somehow limits the scenario numbers, if I understood that issue correctly; hence the GGC sadly ends in 42 abruptly. I was disappointed about this as well.
Using that many scenarios in a single campaign isn’t such a good idea anyway, as your units simply become too experienced in the end without an xp-cap like in the original PzC campaigns. Splitting the campaigns like at beginning was somehow better. Adding something like a 50% experience when importing core units couldn’t help either to keep the continuing campaigns somewhat challenging.

The game simply doesn’t offer all German units from late 43 to 45 yet, hence you can’t offer that degree of historical authenticity in scenarios yet. However, that didn’t stop some scenario designers here from creating a couple of content in the late-war area with reduced amount of available units. Just look around!
You need to wait for the third German DLC (Endkrieg?) until you can more or less fully enjoy the war in Europe from 39 to 45.
SerinMaldy

Post by SerinMaldy »

I appreciate your response, thank you. That is what I thought. Ah well. I am hopeful they will continue this line of gaming and expand it to more fully fill out the campaign. I agree that only a few of your units should be very experienced.

I personally would make the game only allow a very limited amount of experience replacements for units. If you are able to replace elite troops fully that means at least 2-3 other units were wiped out, thus freeing them up for new assignment.

I would also have full victory conditions mean you get more equipment opened up for your recruitment. Even a victory for you could still lead the war in the historical path, after all you are just one general among many. You succeed but all the others failed. I think this could explain why, even with you crushing the enemy, your side still loses. Just a thought.
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

My long-term plan for the German campaigns is to include both the west front and Africa.
Eventually it should end up a 1939-45 campaign.
But I need to wait for additional unit types being made available thorugh the new official campaigns.
SerinMaldy

Post by SerinMaldy »

I am ok with waiting. I think you did a fantastic job with the game and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I await your full 39-45' campaign. You make games like this and I will buy them. I love being able to have a cigar, a shot of Aberlour scotch, and game at a slow steady rate. :)
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

SerinMaldy wrote:I am ok with waiting. I think you did a fantastic job with the game and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I await your full 39-45' campaign. You make games like this and I will buy them. I love being able to have a cigar, a shot of Aberlour scotch, and game at a slow steady rate. :)
EXACTLY!!! 8) :D

And thanks again, Erik, for all the great work.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”