Simple question.

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Halvralf
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Simple question.

Post by Halvralf »

Hi all!
I am trying to understand how anti tank guns works. When supporting another unit what combatfactor does it use? Is it the attack or the defence value it utses?
Example: German Flak 88 is supporting my infantry unit that gets attack by a T34. Is the 88 using its mighty attackvalue when supporting?
Cheers
/ Halvralf
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: Simple question.

Post by kondi754 »

Interesting question from the game's mechanic point of view.
I admit that I don't know the exact answer, but I think that it is a result of various factors, also including experience and strength (current number of HP) of this three units.
Halvralf

Post by Halvralf »

Well IF the 88 uses its defencevalue vs mechanized its inferior to both the 5cm PAK and the 75mm PAK as support. Just check the stats. The 88 has 20 in attack and 8 in defence vs mechanized.

*edit* Heck even the 37mm has better defense then the 88!!!!
CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA »

Halvralf wrote: I am trying to understand how anti tank guns works. When supporting another unit what combatfactor does it use? Is it the attack or the defence value it utses? / Halvralf
A supporting AT gun fires before the actual attack and never suffers any losses. Therefore I think it uses the vehicle attack value and the target unit uses its own vehicle defense value. It would be logical if this supporting fire is resolved and possible losses applied before the actual attack.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

kondi754 wrote:Interesting question from the game's mechanic point of view.
I admit that I don't know the exact answer, but I think that it is a result of various factors, also including experience and strength (current number of HP) of this three units.
I admit I don't know the exact mechanics also, but the supporting AT unit's definitely using it's mech. attack value, somehow combined with the attacked unit's own mech. defense values.
Halvralf

Post by Halvralf »

CoolDTA wrote:
A supporting AT gun fires before the actual attack and never suffers any losses. Therefore I think it uses the vehicle attack value and the target unit uses its own vehicle defense value. It would be logical if this supporting fire is resolved and possible losses applied before the actual attack.
I was actually thinking it worked like that. Antitank support is in a sense a counterattack.

Thanks all for clarifying.

/ Halvralf

Return to “Order of Battle Series”