Waffen Flag and Emblem

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

lt1956_slith
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Waffen Flag and Emblem

Post by lt1956_slith »

Hello,

I hate the Pirate flag they used the in game, and I understand about Germany. I personally don't like the Nazi flag. But the SS flag isn't that bad with 2 lightening bolts and looks better than the Jolly Rogers. :roll:

So I made these and hope others will like it, since the game doesn't give any nice camo or uniforms to the Waffen units this is the next best thing. :lol:

P.S. Its my little gift the community for all the wonderful maps and help! :wink:

I added 2 other files to this download for the flag as was brought to my attention.
Attachments
Waffen Flagsv2.zip
(66.07 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
Last edited by lt1956_slith on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Waffen Flag and Emblem

Post by bru888 »

Thank you very much! For those of us who may want to use this mod, here are the locations where the files go (click to expand the image):
Capture596.jpg
Capture596.jpg (708.8 KiB) Viewed 5100 times
Copy them right over these files but you may want to back up the original files first, in case you change your mind.
- Bru
bru888

Post by bru888 »

That said, and not meaning to appear ungrateful, there are two other manifestations of the Jolly Roger which, if you have the ambition, you may want to tackle:
Capture603.jpg
Capture603.jpg (267.67 KiB) Viewed 5097 times
These may be especially challenging in that at least one of them is used for waving on VP flagpoles. [But it can be done. How do I know? Because I have used the other unsavory German flag mod on occasion. :wink: ]
- Bru
lt1956_slith
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by lt1956_slith »

Hello,

Its already done and uploaded! :D

I placed a V2 in the file so people can tell it has more files in it. It was pretty easy to add for the wavy flag, I cannot believe I missed that one, I couldn't find it and thought that was hardcoded. :roll: So thanks on that one. I did already find the other in the campaign folder but I think that only works if they make a campaign game that uses it? I haven't see it used for anything yet? But I made one for it and added it also to the file.

So people now have ALL the files that deal with the Waffen Flag. I am glad others will enjoy it, I know it really bothered me to have a pirate flag waving around the map and on the units! :|
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Thanks. I've been using something similar from here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4321200
bru888

Post by bru888 »

lt1956_slith wrote:Hello,

Its already done and uploaded! :D

I placed a V2 in the file so people can tell it has more files in it. It was pretty easy to add for the wavy flag, I cannot believe I missed that one, I couldn't find it and thought that was hardcoded. :roll: So thanks on that one. I did already find the other in the campaign folder but I think that only works if they make a campaign game that uses it? I haven't see it used for anything yet? But I made one for it and added it also to the file.

So people now have ALL the files that deal with the Waffen Flag. I am glad others will enjoy it, I know it really bothered me to have a pirate flag waving around the map and on the units! :|
Thanks again! I doff my hat to you, sir.
doffoneshat.jpg
doffoneshat.jpg (11.21 KiB) Viewed 5076 times
- Bru
lt1956_slith
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by lt1956_slith »

I just wanted to add a better look for those of us NOT in Germany. I understand their laws, they still have people that worship that stuff, but we are only playing a game and Jolly Rogers belongs to "Sid Meiers Pirates!" :wink:
bru888

Post by bru888 »

lt1956_slith wrote:I just wanted to add a better look for those of us NOT in Germany. I understand their laws, they still have people that worship that stuff, but we are only playing a game and Jolly Rogers belongs to "Sid Meiers Pirates!" :wink:
I happen to agree with you on that score, which is why I appreciated your mod. As I alluded above, I have used the swastika mod at times but I was careful not to reproduce it in screen prints when I talked about the game here. Just in case.

What we do privately is our own affair and I don't think Slitherine would even care if custom scenarios and campaigns that are uploaded here contain those swastika or double-lightning icons. However, I can certainly respect their concern for not displaying them in these forums if they are illegal in Germany and elsewhere. I can also understand why they may be illegal and agree with the need for that in those places.

But let us NOT turn this thread, or any other here, into a political debate. Let's just respect people's wishes and keep certain things private because it's nice to respect those people.
- Bru
Navman2854
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Navman2854 »

Excellent work lt1956_slith, thanks!! :D
lt1956_slith
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by lt1956_slith »

Thank you. \
lt1956_slith
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by lt1956_slith »

If there are any problems of glitches with the emblems let me know.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Speaking of the Waffen-SS, this is me in a replica W-SS jacket I bought earlier this year to strut around town in.
I might award myself a "tank destruction arm patch" to sew on it..:)

13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

*loud coughs and throat clearing*

Does it have any emblems on?
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

13obo wrote:*loud coughs and throat clearing*
Does it have any emblems on?
Nasty smokers cough you have there mate, better give it up or nice girls won't want to snog you.
It doesn't have any patches yet, you have to buy them separate to impress the ladies..:)
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Right... I guess a pattern by itself is non-committal, but when you start displaying emblems of nazis then it's clearly crossing a line.
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

13obo wrote:Right... I guess a pattern by itself is non-committal, but when you start displaying emblems of nazis then it's clearly crossing a line.
Agreed. Not passing judgement here, but I would recommend not posting photos of yourself. Anonymity is good, this isnt Facebook. (Thank God.)

Slitherine's policy is clearly history yes, Nazi stuff no. This is about computer games, fun and enjoying a hobby together. Let's not start anything. :D
elconfederado
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by elconfederado »

I'm not the most technologically astute guy but I followed the steps and it wouldn't let me overwrite or add the file. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Also, does the Italian flag have the coat of arms for the House of Savoy on it and if not is there a mod available for it? Thanks!
bru888

Post by bru888 »

elconfederado wrote:I'm not the most technologically astute guy but I followed the steps and it wouldn't let me overwrite or add the file. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Neither am I but as I just got done talking to kondi about the units.csv file, one of the things that modders have to deal with about OOB is that the game designers located some crucial files, including the official scenarios and campaigns, in the C:\Program Files\Slitherine\Order of Battle - WWII\Order of Battle - WW2_64_Data\ folder. Windows restricts users from directly tinkering with files in C:\Program Files\ unless they have administrator privileges. If you have Windows, you maybe can change your user profile to add such privileges to your account as shown here:
Capture833.jpg
Capture833.jpg (120.91 KiB) Viewed 4549 times
Capture834.jpg
Capture834.jpg (168.88 KiB) Viewed 4549 times
- Bru
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

elconfederado wrote:I'm not the most technologically astute guy but I followed the steps and it wouldn't let me overwrite or add the file. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Also, does the Italian flag have the coat of arms for the House of Savoy on it and if not is there a mod available for it? Thanks!
I have made a few changes for the flags (size 128 & 64) for my mod http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 74&t=82935 :
flags.png
flags.png (468.32 KiB) Viewed 4545 times
You can see :
- slovakia (next update)
- Luftwaffe (Fictitious flag)
- Nationalist Spain
- Republican Spain
- Hungary
- Poland (next update)
- Ilaly (version n°1)
- Italy (version n°2)
elconfederado

Post by elconfederado »

Thank you bru888 and Terminator! I'll give it a shot.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”