Custom Campaigns are currently bugged

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

steevodeevo
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Custom Campaigns are currently bugged

Post by steevodeevo »

Hi, sorry for the shout-out, but its a bit frustrating and I'm just looking for an acknowledgement of the problem from the Devs. I appreciate they have a lot on their hands, but that a patch is on its way, so its worth mentioning..

As with Battle of Britain (BoB) which is pretty much totally broken, the Modified Finnish Campaign is similarly broken. The intro screen has the blotchy screen instead of an image, as with BoB, and the explosion animations, again as with BoB, are huge and stuck in a loop, so that the explosions of tank shells look like Nukes and are stuck perpetually on screen, even beyond turn refreshes.
Screenshot 13.jpg
Screenshot 13.jpg (487.99 KiB) Viewed 1207 times
I sincerely hope this problem is known and that it will soon be fixed. I have been looking forward to playing BoB and the Mod of the Finnish campaign for ages, once I felt I was a decent enough player to attempt them.
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Custom Campaigns are currently bugged

Post by bru888 »

BoB is the responsibility of the Artistocrats, if I am not mistaken, and we are looking forward to that campaign being restored in the next patch. I believe the other one to which you are referring is FINLAND IN WORLD WAR 2 (1939-44) by Uhu? That would have to be fixed by Uhu himself; it may be as simple as running it through the new campaign editor like Erik did. Or, perhaps the component scenarios need to be uploaded and saved in the 5.2.3 scenario editor as well. I checked and saw that Uhu has been around recently; perhaps he will notice this thread.
- Bru
steevodeevo

Post by steevodeevo »

Thanks Bru, I was aware that the Finnish mod was a player made one. I had assumed, probably wrongly, that the errors, identical to BoB, were in the game engine and therefore from 5.2.3 or the 64 bit upgrade. It would be great if Uhu could run the mod through the new Editor and I can give it another try.
Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Horst »

If a campaign-mod uses new units, effects or only changes old unit stats, it's possible that later official content collides with id-numbers and other entries. Some units have also been renamed, like "Gloster_Gladiator" to "Gladiator". If an old mod's units.csv still uses the old unit names then bad things happen like missing units, screwed up scripts or even crashes.
With the continous releases of new official content throughout the years (thank you for that!), custom-mods still have to be constantly maintained.
steevodeevo

Post by steevodeevo »

the campaign mods have issues with graphics and animations, which seems to be the primary problem with playability, as well as (I assume) units.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

steevodeevo wrote:Thanks Bru, I was aware that the Finnish mod was a player made one. I had assumed, probably wrongly, that the errors, identical to BoB, were in the game engine and therefore from 5.2.3 or the 64 bit upgrade. It would be great if Uhu could run the mod through the new Editor and I can give it another try.
It's worth a PM to Uhu to request an upgrade. Any modder appreciates constructive feedback, especially if it reflects appreciation for his handiwork, and what better way to say so than to ask him to make it available again? At worst, he will say no or ignore you. I would not pester him; one message ought to be sufficient.
- Bru

Return to “Order of Battle Series”