Order of Battle v5.2.3 Update!

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Order of Battle v5.2.3 Update!

Post by AlbertoC »

We released a new update for Order of Battle: World War II.

It contains a number of key fixes for the latest expansion, Panzerkrieg, plus a few other bugfixes.

You can download it from the Members' Area or directly from these links.

PC
Mac

Changelog:
  • A number of bugs fixed that could cause certain scenarios turn freeze when ending a turn
    Objective fixes in Sevastopol, Voronezh and Winterstorm scenarios (Panzerkrieg)
    Resource bonuses set for playing Panzerkrieg scenarios outside of the campaign
    Minor issues fixed with some of the new units (SU-152, Soviet M4 Sherman, Sturer Emil)
    Fixed game crash after (successfully) applying automatic patch
    Zundapp motorcycle unlock fixed
    Strategic map unit icons fixed
steevodeevo
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Order of Battle v5.2.3 Update!

Post by steevodeevo »

I assume this is for non Steam users?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Yeah, Steam will update automatically
DetlefHarbemeyer
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by DetlefHarbemeyer »

But so many bugs are left inside the game ! When will we have an bugfree version - we all payed for that and have an imperfect game !
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

DetlefHarbemeyer wrote:But so many bugs are left inside the game ! When will we have an bugfree version - we all payed for that and have an imperfect game !
If you have been around online computer games in a positive manner, watching them as they are developed, you should know that it's often a three-steps forward, one-step back, two-steps net gain process. The developers just took this game to 64-bit status on a Unity platform (I'm not sure myself what that means, but it was big).

I think we could cut them some slack, yes? You have 8 posts so far and every one of them is negative. A few are repetitive. Your very first post said "Is there a way to return the game? I bought it last week !" yet you have posted 7 more times.

So if you are that unhappy, why don't you ask for a refund? Or do you have some other purpose in mind?
- Bru
DJ88
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DJ88 »

Where can I find the latest update for Windows 7 (32 bit) ? I could not find anything on the members section. If you try to update via game menu it says latest version is not compatible. But the prior updates did work.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

DJ88 wrote:Where can I find the latest update for Windows 7 (32 bit) ? I could not find anything on the members section. If you try to update via game menu it says latest version is not compatible. But the prior updates did work.
It's available here: https://www.slitherine.com/members/publicDL.asp?gid=516

You need to be already signed in before you click the link, I believe. Also, remember that version 2.4.8 is still the 32-bit installer for OOB. Then apply the 32-bit update.
Capture367.jpg
Capture367.jpg (525.98 KiB) Viewed 4848 times
- Bru
DJ88
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DJ88 »

found it thanks, is this the correct install directory path?

C:\Slitherine\Order of Battle - Pacific
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

DJ88 wrote:found it thanks, is this the correct install directory path?

C:\Slitherine\Order of Battle - Pacific
It is not the current default install path. Looks like an old path before the game expanded beyond the Pacific.
Personally I prefer C:\Slitherine\Order of Battle - WWII
DJ88
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DJ88 »

perfect yes that worked, appreciate it
athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by athineos »

AlbertoC wrote:We released a new update for Order of Battle: World War II.

It contains a number of key fixes for the latest expansion, Panzerkrieg, plus a few other bugfixes.

You can download it from the Members' Area or directly from these links.

PC
Mac

Changelog:
  • A number of bugs fixed that could cause certain scenarios turn freeze when ending a turn
    Objective fixes in Sevastopol, Voronezh and Winterstorm scenarios (Panzerkrieg)
    Resource bonuses set for playing Panzerkrieg scenarios outside of the campaign
    Minor issues fixed with some of the new units (SU-152, Soviet M4 Sherman, Sturer Emil)
    Fixed game crash after (successfully) applying automatic patch
    Zundapp motorcycle unlock fixed
    Strategic map unit icons fixed
Still NO random map generator and/or Battle generator? You guys had promised it was going to happen. What up with that?
tmeluski
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by tmeluski »

Is there a bug with this release for the Gilberts Marshall Island Section of the US campaign? All of the Core Vessels that are already 'owned' have a strength of 5 including those on the map already. This doesn't seem correct.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

tmeluski wrote:Is there a bug with this release for the Gilberts Marshall Island Section of the US campaign? All of the Core Vessels that are already 'owned' have a strength of 5 including those on the map already. This doesn't seem correct.
That was reported and I believe this item from the list of 5.2.5 Beta patch fixes addresses it:
[*]Fixes bug that could cause all units' strength or experience to be reduced in certain scenarios
- Bru
tmeluski

Post by tmeluski »

bru888 wrote:
tmeluski wrote:Is there a bug with this release for the Gilberts Marshall Island Section of the US campaign? All of the Core Vessels that are already 'owned' have a strength of 5 including those on the map already. This doesn't seem correct.
That was reported and I believe this item from the list of 5.2.5 Beta patch fixes addresses it:
[*]Fixes bug that could cause all units' strength or experience to be reduced in certain scenarios

Thanks Bru! Rub is that I have neither the steam version nor the PC since I'm on a Mac. Appreciate the speedy response though.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”