Panzerkrieg, Caucasus, seize Oil Rigs?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Estherr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Panzerkrieg, Caucasus, seize Oil Rigs?

Post by Estherr »

Hello there

(Finally) made it into Caucasus and cannot complete scenario as oil rigs (two out of three) refuse to switch sides :( I've cleared entire map and even tried to surround rigs with my units, yet only one rig flagged captured. Rest remain soviet 'till the last turn and then it's a defeat... any clues?
Akkula's Modern Conflicts RU localization mod: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=969460#p969460
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Panzerkrieg, Caucasus, seize Oil Rigs?

Post by bebro »

Hi,

they should switch to your side if you have one of your units next to it, and no enemy nearby. As this is not working for you - could you attach a savegame here for us to see what went wrong (you might need to zip it)?

In the meantime, if you don't want to wait to continue with the campaign you can proceed by entering a cheatcode (Shift + C to bring up console, click in there to activate, then enter "igotnukes" - without the "") - to trigger the victory.
Estherr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Estherr »

Hello Bebro, thanks for quick reply.

It's kinda awkward to use cheats since I technically won the scenario. But I see your point :lol:

Save file attached below, hope it helps.
Attachments
OoB_PK_Caucasus_Bugged_Oil_Rigs.zip
That is it, I believe, Turn 29/34
(52.42 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Akkula's Modern Conflicts RU localization mod: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=969460#p969460
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

Thanks for the savegame. I don't suppose you still have the output log from this playthrough? If you've restarted the game since, it would be overwritten and no longer useful.
Estherr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Estherr »

No, I'm afraid, I've restarted since then. And actually I usually restart after 10 turns or so, 'cos game becomes very laggy by that time.... first turns atleast, while there's alot of AI units.
Estherr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Estherr »

Ok, restarted scenario and managed to win this time.

Yet, one of four rigs not switched sides 'till the very end. Not sure why it's four this time - last playthrough there were only three alive...

Recent saves + output log (hopefully I found proper one, 'cos they scattered all over the place over time) linked below
Attachments
OoB_PK_Caucasus_Oil_Rigs_02.zip
Manual save with first glitchy rig, final turn autosaves, output_log
(173.11 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Yesterday I restarted the scn from the buggy save, and could capture/flip pumps fine as well, so it's hard to reproduce. We'll study the log certainly, thanks for that :)
Estherr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Estherr »

If you mean later save - yes, I won it too, though one rig not flipped anyway. First one I was unable to win... well, you saw my situation on map.
mhladnik
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by mhladnik »

Another bug I noticed is the central town objective, which was completed even if I didn't hold it (I think it switched to green as soon as I captured the required two oil rigs ahead of time). I still needed a turn or two to capture Maykop.
Dayvit78
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Dayvit78 »

Hi all,
Is there a resolution for this?
Actually only the 1 oil pump on the left does not switch sides for me.
However, the problem for me is that I've cleared the entire map, all secondary objectives are checked off, but the main objective will not complete. So the turns keep going on... How to solve?
Halvralf
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Halvralf »

Just wait and you will get the victory
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."
jsbarker702
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by jsbarker702 »

Having the same issue with the oil pumps/rigs. I can capture one but the other is surrounded with German units and won't switch sides.

What am I doing wrong?

I have a save game file if needed.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Hi,

there are a couple of things that could happen, so a savegame would be great indeed.

If you attach it here we can check what's going on (you may need to zip it so it gets accepted as attachment)

Return to “Order of Battle Series”