Thank you for Panzerkrieg!

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Taare
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Thank you for Panzerkrieg!

Post by Taare »

Hi, i've been playing the game since shortly after release, and i absolutely loved it!

Been playing all the campaigns and started burma road, (i have 650hoursi in the game) and i stopped playing, something about the campaign bugged me.
I was the defender most of the time, but i was never the one with the "tricks" the scenarios were always confusing and counterintuitive.
Then PK launched, and i have been having so much fun with the game again, i feel that the scenarios are better constructed and the difficulty is just right
Thanks for this new DLC, has made me start playing almost everyday again :D
Cptn_Miller
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Thank you for Panzerkrieg!

Post by Cptn_Miller »

Panzerkrieg is great.

Getting my ass kick is refreshing, Demansyk Pocket mission took me several tries until we had to call in some... ah.. experimental weapons, My SS divisions suddenly had a Tiger or 2 !!!! Fantastic tank, smashed the way open to relieve our encircled comrads.

On next mission Kharkov, attempting to cut off many commies, not going so well atm... must return asap.
Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 »

That's great to hear, guys. Enjoy.
If you need help, just ask. :D
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Indeed, glad to hear you're enjoying it :)
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Always nice to hear positive feedback. Thanks. Realize that you are also praising the work of beta testers like Andy who spend a lot of time on Panzerkrieg ironing out bugs and offering suggestions on gameplay.
- Bru
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

bru888 wrote:Always nice to hear positive feedback. Thanks. Realize that you are also praising the work of beta testers like Andy who spend a lot of time on Panzerkrieg ironing out bugs and offering suggestions on gameplay.
Thanks; but we all helped, including bru. :D
hrafnkolbrandr
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by hrafnkolbrandr »

@Cptn_Miller

Curious to know how you got Tigers in that scenario. As far as I'm aware there aren't even any cheats that allow that.

The scenario itself is a doozy. I concentrated the pocket force's armour and had them try for a breakout as my forces were breaking in. We had a corridor established on turn 9; I thought the scenario would end, but it didn't! I had to rush the pocket armor back to bolster the forces inside because they were collapsing quickly!

That scenario was nothing compared to the first though. Three separate times, I threw up my hands and said "That's bull****!". Made it through, but only barely.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

hrafnkolbrandr wrote:Three separate times, I threw up my hands and said "That's bull****!". Made it through, but only barely.
That's the mark of good game design! One used to follow that up with a cigarette, whiskey, and a good woman. Times have changed, so please don't smoke. :)
- Bru
Cptn_Miller

Post by Cptn_Miller »

hrafnkolbrandr wrote:@Cptn_Miller

Curious to know how you got Tigers in that scenario. As far as I'm aware there aren't even any cheats that allow that.

The scenario itself is a doozy. I concentrated the pocket force's armour and had them try for a breakout as my forces were breaking in. We had a corridor established on turn 9; I thought the scenario would end, but it didn't! I had to rush the pocket armor back to bolster the forces inside because they were collapsing quickly!

That scenario was nothing compared to the first though. Three separate times, I threw up my hands and said "That's bull****!". Made it through, but only barely.
I play on generalmajor or feldmarshall difficulty and im a gluten for punishment... not sure if im supposed to post how i got Tigers into my campaign because its not a cheat code like u say but more of a mod, maybe one of the moderators can comment on that or give me the ok. I mostly play with normally available units however when i get crushed time after time (very enjoyable) i had to contact Albert Speer and have him send me the most modern prototypes available to the front.... as we know the Tiger was in development from 1937-1941 so its not total fiction, just a little rushed !!!

Failed Kharkov couple times even with couple Tigers, had to concentrate everything on closing the pocket, i failed in the primary tactic of the Panzer general - concentration of all forces, Panzerkrieg nails the East Front, very enjoyable so far.
SimTheSor
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by SimTheSor »

On the DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY of PanzerKrieg:

I usually play all campaigns on 4/5 and - presupposed the start was good - can manage it without frustration.
But this time it's different. For me Mission 1 is a hard nut to crack already.
I played the first 3 Missions, but it's hard to say if it's worth going on, if one has the feeling, that you have too little money to really succeed on the long term.
Nevertheless: I agree. PK is really really nice !
Taare
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Taare »

bru888 wrote:Always nice to hear positive feedback. Thanks. Realize that you are also praising the work of beta testers like Andy who spend a lot of time on Panzerkrieg ironing out bugs and offering suggestions on gameplay.
Hey, i applied several times over the year, i wanna betatest tooo,
SimTheSor wrote:On the DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY of PanzerKrieg:

I usually play all campaigns on 4/5 and - presupposed the start was good - can manage it without frustration.
But this time it's different. For me Mission 1 is a hard nut to crack already.
I played the first 3 Missions, but it's hard to say if it's worth going on, if one has the feeling, that you have too little money to really succeed on the long term.
Nevertheless: I agree. PK is really really nice !

i agree, i finished the japanese grand campaign on highest, difficulty has gotten higher with every dlc, imo, only due to funding, minimizing losses all day long gets frustrating. i've switched to 3/5 on this one and having a blast with it :)
SimTheSor

Post by SimTheSor »

Taare wrote: i agree, i finished the japanese grand campaign on highest, difficulty has gotten higher with every dlc, imo, only due to funding, minimizing losses all day long gets frustrating. i've switched to 3/5 on this one and having a blast with it :)
Good to hear that ^^ I will do the same now. Played Japanes on 5/5 too. The need to minimize loss is fine with me, but on a huge map with many units ... gets - as u state - frustrating.
Roll on !

Return to “Order of Battle Series”