Germany Grand Campaign

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Germany Grand Campaign

Post by Erik2 »

steevo

I checked the Narvik scenario and I haven't made it too easy to fulfill the coastal gun objective. I did not add silver flags at the locations you need to occupy because I wanted the coastal guns to surprise the German destroyers.
Historically both the British and the Germans believed there were guns there, but they had been removed before the invasion.
In the game they may not spawn at start.
You need to occupy the gun locations to get this objective. When the objective is enabled click on the blue ? to display the map markers.

The Elvenes airstrip spawns a construction group when the location is captured AND the location is vacant of land units. Again, use the map marker. There's also a silver flag at the location.

Hope this helps
steevodeevo
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by steevodeevo »

Thanks Erik, I will give it another try.
BTW, I love this scenario otherwise, the sea battles with Destroyers & Subs vs the Brit Capital ships etc is an awesome challenge.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

GGC v1.5 scenario "Albert Canal". Sec. objective fail from the beginning.
I'll post them along as I go. Of course, I don't expect you to update your camapaign files every time you'll change a trigger setting, just so you know and add it to your to-do-list... :)
I know that maintenance work isn't as much fun as creative work... :wink:
Screenshot 11.jpg
Screenshot 11.jpg (452.08 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
EDIT: I get now where the "error" is, just don't know how to fix it: The "check unit count / unit status: destroyed" trigger obviously also counts the destroyed units from previous scenarios during the campaign (I've got two recon planes and a tank destroyed at some point during the campaign...). I see why you'd miss this, if just nuking through the campaign
Last edited by GabeKnight on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
steevodeevo

Post by steevodeevo »

steevodeevo wrote:Thanks Erik, I will give it another try.
BTW, I love this scenario otherwise, the sea battles with Destroyers & Subs vs the Brit Capital ships etc is an awesome challenge.
FYI, stuck in the 'thinking' loop again on Narvik, I'm gonna have to Nuke through my last save and give up on this one. BTW, I just wanted to let you know as there seems to be an issue with the turn ending under certain circumstances.
I have the saved game on turn prior to turn end (where it gets stuck) if you want to take a look, but this may be one for the Devs, not sure.
wolfpinguin
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by wolfpinguin »

At the turn end of turn 3 in the Narvik scn the campaign "hangs"

W.
RES NON VERBA
Navman2854
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Navman2854 »

Eric, any thoughts on the Sjælland AI turn 2 issue? Your campaign is awesome and would really love to be able to continue on. :arrow:
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Hi Erik,

concerning GGC v1.5 scenario "15Haag", could you please give me some pointers as to how you are supposed to achieve the "supply plane" sec. objective? I've tried hovering over and/or landing on the two marked airfields. Nothing happens. And I don't understand the corresponding triggers so well yet as to make it out on my own.

and I've just begun scenario "16Sedan" and I remember getting supply ships upon taking the port cities last time playing (before combining into GGC). This time nothing:
Screenshot 17.jpg
Screenshot 17.jpg (450.46 KiB) Viewed 2906 times
I've been using the editor more often in the last weeks, and after checking, the triggers were still there. I've just tried, and changing the trigger event from "capture VP" to "move event" solved it for me:
Screenshot 18.jpg
Screenshot 18.jpg (448.85 KiB) Viewed 2906 times
After I'll finish playing the scenario, I'll give you some feedback if this setting worked throughout the whole battle (and the other southern port cities as well)

EDIT: Yes it worked, at least for me.
Last edited by GabeKnight on Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Navman2854 wrote:Eric, any thoughts on the Sjælland AI turn 2 issue? Your campaign is awesome and would really love to be able to continue on. :arrow:
Hi,

as a workaround, you can disable the AI ("johnconnor") at the end of your turn, and turn it then back on ("iamback") on the next turn (many turns in this sentence :) ). Works for me every time this happens in GGC. You'll lose a turn, though.
Assaulted_Peanut
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Assaulted_Peanut »

Hi Erik,

I don't know, if this has been asked before, haven't found the time to look through all posts.

Currently I'm playing your Blitzkrieg 39-40 campaign (Build 4_5, Version 1.1), just arrived at the Denmark scenario. Now I saw that you created a Grand Campaign...
Is it possible to "switch" to the Grand Campaign with my savegames from the Blitzkrieg campaign?

Now just some feedback on what I saw so far:
- The Piatek scenario is a little too though and hard, compared to the rest of the scenarios.
- In a Danzig scenario the briefing was talking about liberating the city, but the city isn't even flagged.
- Some text elements in the debriefing screen are too long / there is no option to scroll down.
- In the Brest scenario you keep getting commanding points every turn, at the end I had more than 100 CP spare...

- To have the opportunity to swap your airforce by exiting points is a fantastic idea! :)

So long.

Edit: The specialization panel seems broken / incomplete (there are no specializations for 1940).
Navman2854

Post by Navman2854 »

GabeKnight wrote:
Navman2854 wrote:Eric, any thoughts on the Sjælland AI turn 2 issue? Your campaign is awesome and would really love to be able to continue on. :arrow:
Hi,

as a workaround, you can disable the AI ("johnconnor") at the end of your turn, and turn it then back on ("iamback") on the next turn (many turns in this sentence :) ). Works for me every time this happens in GGC. You'll lose a turn, though.
GabeKnight, that worked perfectly THANKS!! Have to remember that little trick :wink: Hate losing a turn but better early in scen that late eh? :roll:
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Assaulted_Peanut wrote:Hi Erik,

I don't know, if this has been asked before, haven't found the time to look through all posts.

Currently I'm playing your Blitzkrieg 39-40 campaign (Build 4_5, Version 1.1), just arrived at the Denmark scenario. Now I saw that you created a Grand Campaign...
Is it possible to "switch" to the Grand Campaign with my savegames from the Blitzkrieg campaign?

Now just some feedback on what I saw so far:
- The Piatek scenario is a little too though and hard, compared to the rest of the scenarios.
- In a Danzig scenario the briefing was talking about liberating the city, but the city isn't even flagged.
- Some text elements in the debriefing screen are too long / there is no option to scroll down.
- In the Brest scenario you keep getting commanding points every turn, at the end I had more than 100 CP spare...

- To have the opportunity to swap your airforce by exiting points is a fantastic idea! :)

So long.

Edit: The specialization panel seems broken / incomplete (there are no specializations for 1940).
Mr.Peanut

The earlier Blitzkrieg campaigns have ben replaced by the Germany Grand. I do not have the time to update the earlier campaigns.
And sorry, I do not think you can use a save from one campaign and load it in another.
So I recommend starting a Germany Grand campaign and maybe nuke your way through the scenarios until you reach a fresh, unplayed one.
Assaulted_Peanut

Post by Assaulted_Peanut »

Erik2 wrote: The earlier Blitzkrieg campaigns have ben replaced by the Germany Grand.
Ah, ok, I didn't know that; then I think, I would be a great help, if the respective page would be updated:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 74&t=65107

Please don't get me wrong, I wasn't supposing, that you update the "old" campaigns. I just looked at the "Custom Campaign" section and found the links there.

Greetings.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Assaulted_Peanut wrote: Please don't get me wrong, I wasn't supposing, that you update the "old" campaigns. I just looked at the "Custom Campaign" section and found the links there.
This is a valid point, I wanted to post something similar. There are numerous threads under "scenario design" regarding Erik's campagins and this main GCC thread is in "general discussion" instead of "scenario design". It's sometimes a real mess to find the most updated version and/or discussion thread, even if you're not a new forum member... and it's a pity, because these campaigns deserve being played. :D
I know this kind of maintenance work sucks, but someone should really do it.

EDIT: Example:

Stickies, "Custom Campaigns", BK39/40 & BK 41/42 & SeaLion but no GGC: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 74&t=65107
Stickies, "Announce your Custom Scenarios here", GGC only, forum discussion link missing: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 74&t=64989
"Erik's campaign updates", BK & SeaLion only, no GGC: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 74&t=80862
plus the one we're in right now ... and these may not be all.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

The Custom Campaigns/Scenarios folders are the main sources for latest updates.
New scenarios/campaigns are added to the Announce Your... folder and someone from Slitherine needs to move stuff from here to the above folders.

I update links in the first post in discussion threads as well, but maybe I should not do that...

I'm not sure what I should about the old Blitskrieg campaigns.
If I remove them from the Custom Campaigns folder someone is bound to complain whenever they only want to play a smaller campaign...

There are no official threads for the various custom campaigns. I have no idea how to restrict discussions to certain official threads since some players will start a new thread anyway...

Lastly, I'm collecting all feedback on the Germany Grand.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Hi Erik
Erik2 wrote:I'm not sure what I should about the old Blitzkrieg campaigns.
If I remove them from the Custom Campaigns folder someone is bound to complain whenever they only want to play a smaller campaign...
Yes, and if you don't update them, someone will always complain about some errors, I get it... :)
Maybe it's time for a hard decision, then. It's a new year!
Erik2 wrote: I update links in the first post in discussion threads as well, but maybe I should not do that...
[...]
I have no idea how to restrict discussions to certain official threads since some players will start a new thread anyway...
The above were just my observations as a relatively new forum member. Obviously the established system works somehow, and never change a running system, right? :) :wink:
Erik2 wrote:Lastly, I'm collecting all feedback on the Germany Grand.
Alright, I'll post them as I go along then. Thanks.
WarHomer
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by WarHomer »

Hi Erik

Has the GGC been updated with the new units from panzerkrieg?
WarHomer

Post by WarHomer »

Its been a while since I last installed a custom campaign. Could someone plz give a short description on how to do it?
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

WarHomer wrote:Its been a while since I last installed a custom campaign. Could someone plz give a short description on how to do it?
Page 3 of this thread, the 4. post from below
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

WarHomer wrote:Hi Erik

Has the GGC been updated with the new units from panzerkrieg?
Yes, but I may of course have missed teh odd unit...

The campaigns is on hold regarding new scenarios. I need proper Italian units.
Hopefully an Afrika campaign is in the works.
WarHomer

Post by WarHomer »

Thank you both for the quick replies.

Re. proper Italian units, is there no way to rename/use german auxiliary units until the real units comes out?

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”