Morning Sun

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

robertahyuk
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Morning Sun

Post by robertahyuk »

Just finished the Morning Sun campaign and the last scenario where you can capture Chiang Kai Shek is no longer in the campaign. Any idea why it was shortened? I downloaded it right from the original disc I bought when it came out. Kind of strange as I was looking forward to that battle!
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Re: Morning Sun

Post by adherbal »

IIRC you have to achieve all secondary objectives (or a specific one) in the 10th or 11th scenario to be able to fully defeat the Chinese at Chongqing.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Are you sure the scenario is not included or were you just not offered to play it?

IIRC you only get to play it when you won both of the scns before (Nanning and Guandong) decisively. If the conditions are not met the campaign ends earlier.

If that happened it would be WAD.

If otoh the scn is not present in your installation at all it would be for us to investigate/fix.
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

Maybe that was it. I'll see the next time I play it. Thank you.
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

robertahyuk wrote:Maybe that was it. I'll see the next time I play it. Thank you.
Yes, this seems to confirm it. It is from the file that controls the campaign itself and the "11" here in this position means that the campaign will advance to the 11th scenario, Chongqing, only if a MAJOR victory was achieved in Guandong. A Major Victory is defined as "ALL primary objectives met + ALL secondary objectives met." The other, negative numbers on that result line mean the campaign is ended (for a Major Defeat, Minor Defeat, Draw, or Minor Victory).
2017-08-28_13.jpg
2017-08-28_13.jpg (248.69 KiB) Viewed 2397 times
EDIT: Indeed, try to get to Chongqing if you can next time, or play it as a standalone scenario (I think you can do that after Guandong; if not, use the cheat code #gimmeall - "On the Main Menu to unlock all scenarios for individual play, even if you haven't completed the mission in the campaign yet") Whoever designed the pursuit and escape or capture of Chiang Kai-Shek was an evil genius indeed. :wink:
- Bru
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

OK, I'll try that as it's never done that before and I've played this campaign at least 10 times. All with Victories but some were minor victories. I rarely can capture him but have killed him a bunch of times!
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

Hey Thanks a lot for that cheat code as it unlocked the scenarios for U.S. Pacific also! Like it used to when it first came out. I can play the Great Marianas Turkey Shoot also! Thanks again!
bru888

Post by bru888 »

robertahyuk wrote:Hey Thanks a lot for that cheat code as it unlocked the scenarios for U.S. Pacific also! Like it used to when it first came out. I can play the Great Marianas Turkey Shoot also! Thanks again!
Well, I was thinking about that afterward because, yes, it does unlock the scenarios for every campaign that you have purchased and installed. That might be fine with some folks but may be a spoiler for others, so it is a consideration. There's nothing wrong with using it (a Slitherine official announced it in the Cheat Codes thread) but people should bear this in mind.
- Bru
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

bru888 : As I have played all the campaigns for O.oB., I must admit that I do have my favorite scenarios in each one of them except for U.S. Marines in which I like all of them. It's kind of nice to play just a scenario once in a while. I did manage to capture Chiang Kai Shek and so finished that campaign. I thank you again as I really appreciate it. Spoiler? Naw! I've already played all of them. :D

Return to “Order of Battle Series”