Difficulty level

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Difficulty level

Post by kondi754 »

I propose to introduce new levels of difficulty.
I think of something like PzC.
If a player completes all campaigns at the highest level of difficulty, then should be "unlocked" new challenges.
1. fewer turns to complete each scn (eg -5 turns)
2. stronger enemy units (eg 15 hp each)
3. less available resources (eg 50% RPs)
4. less available CPs, so smaller army
5. (and for me :D ) player's army composed only with units that were actually available at this time and in this place

It seems to me that more and more players are playing at the hardest level and more and more often they write they have no major problems with victory.
best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Difficulty level

Post by best75 »

I think having a fewer turns difficulty would be hard to add
I think it caused a few problems in some Panzer Corps scenarios and the less turns would make defence scenarios easier
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

There would be added 5 rounds to the defensive scenario. :wink:
Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 »

@kondi: 'more and more players finish on hardest mode' - I think it is mostly you. :mrgreen:
So let's see if adherbal finds the time to add a kondi mode for the whole game.
Otherwise, there is always modding. :D
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Andy2012 wrote:@kondi: 'more and more players finish on hardest mode' - I think it is mostly you. :mrgreen:
So let's see if adherbal finds the time to add a kondi mode for the whole game.
Otherwise, there is always modding. :D
:lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Of course you are right, I think mainly about myself but there are still at least 2-3 players who also play on the highest difficulty level. :D
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

I'd like to see statistics on how many players use the hardest diffuclty level :) I'm not convinced it is a large number.

Aside from Burma, I've playtested all campaigns on hardest myself. The thought was that if I had a real challenge but managed to beat the scenarios on that level, it can be considered "very difficult but possible". After all I knew exactly how to play them and what to expect from the enemy, not to mention I probably have a better knowledge of the game mechanics than anyone else on the planet ;)
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

adherbal wrote: I'd like to see statistics on how many players use the hardest diffuclty level :) I'm not convinced it is a large number.
Well, there's kondi. And...yeah. Just him. Seriously, Horst has done mods for himself. If you are bored, make one hell-mode for yourself. Shouldnt be that hard. I finished PC almost all DLCs on Fieldmarshal, but was never tempted to try weird stuff like Manstein and so on. So the market for this must be small, I guess.
adherbal wrote: not to mention I probably have a better knowledge of the game mechanics than anyone else on the planet ;)
All hail and kneel before the king of dorks! Kneel, I said. No snickering back there! :mrgreen:
(Just having a laugh...)
koopanique
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by koopanique »

I don't know if that's just me imagining things, but I often get the feeling that the player has a boost in firepower compared to equivalent enemy units, even in middle-difficulty. I often deal 3+ damage, while the enemy only seldom does it. I should write down more specific examples next time I stumble upon that. Maybe it's just normal and it only happens when I use more powerful units and I'm just imagining things.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”