Partisan use?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Partisan use?

Post by best75 »

Does there seem to be a wasted opportunity with the partisan unit in the game?
I think with the supply mechanic they could work well. Reducing the supply of the enemy so eventually enemy units are less effective, blowing up bridges, blocking enemy reinforcement.
Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Partisan use?

Post by Andy2012 »

best75 wrote:Does there seem to be a wasted opportunity with the partisan unit in the game?
I think with the supply mechanic they could work well. Reducing the supply of the enemy so eventually enemy units are less effective, blowing up bridges, blocking enemy reinforcement.
Well, there are commandos and Marine Raiders and SAS and SBS. And I think they can do what you ask, blow up bridges and destroy supply.
However, I didnt use them much and I think they mostly work for specially designed missions. These should include certain vulnerabilities, e.g. vulnerable, central supply dumps. Let's see what the devs come up with.
mhladnik
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by mhladnik »

I agree with the OP in a sense: in the one specific scenario where they are featured most prominently in Morning Sun, they were no threat. The briefing made me leave a rearguard behind, but since the partisans capture no territory and don't reduce supply, I could have just left them to roam the map with no penalty to me whatsoever.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

IIRC in the Wuhan scenario when you ignore those partisans taking certain supply points completely some unpleasant events should trigger. There was another scenario where they were basically just a little hassle to deal with.

In general they are not meant to present a large threat to regular forces, but their presence means the player has to divert some units to handle them.
mhladnik

Post by mhladnik »

I see, if that's the case, then fair game! There was just no indication they were affecting anything in Wuhan (and I didn't check under the hood to see what happens if they sit at all/certain # of specific hexes).
Last edited by mhladnik on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by best75 »

Hopefully we will see more of the partisans in the eastern front of the German campaigns
best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by best75 »

bebro wrote:IIRC in the Wuhan scenario when you ignore those partisans taking certain supply points completely some unpleasant events should trigger. There was another scenario where they were basically just a little hassle to deal with.

In general they are not meant to present a large threat to regular forces, but their presence means the player has to divert some units to handle them.
How do I open campaign scenario in the editor to check it?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

You need to copy the scenario from your game installation etc folder to your mygame etc folder.
Attachments
from.png
from.png (15.68 KiB) Viewed 2721 times
to.png
to.png (11.48 KiB) Viewed 2721 times
best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by best75 »

I checked the editor and the partisan unit has been added to the Soviet units. I believe this means we will see them in the next campaign.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

I find strange the possibility of being able to buy partisans :
Partisans.jpg
Partisans.jpg (146.38 KiB) Viewed 2520 times
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

terminator wrote:I find strange the possibility of being able to buy partisans :
Thinking about it, it feels odd. But for balancing reasons, they cant be free.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

To note that the Russian partisans do not arrange means of transportation :
Partisans(transport).jpg
Partisans(transport).jpg (139.77 KiB) Viewed 2386 times

Return to “Order of Battle Series”