Never elite replacement for artillery?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Never elite replacement for artillery?

Post by best75 »

Okay so experience effects combat stats and the rate units lose efficiency.
Does that mean I should never get elite replacements for artillery?
Their main purpose seems to be lowering enemy efficiency instead of dealing damage directly and they don't lose efficiency from bombarding enemy units anyway.
Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Never elite replacement for artillery?

Post by Andy2012 »

best75 wrote:Okay so experience effects combat stats and the rate units lose efficiency.
Does that mean I should never get elite replacements for artillery?
Their main purpose seems to be lowering enemy efficiency instead of dealing damage directly and they don't lose efficiency from bombarding enemy units anyway.
Hm, I always hide my arty way back and thus they hardly take damage. They mostly gain exp quickly by hitting stuff. I found that those units most directly in combat (tanks, infantry) are the most important for elite reinforcements. Maybe the devs know more or Erik.
GiveWarAchance
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by GiveWarAchance »

I don't know anything but I think elite replace for arty is important cause it was #1 cause of infantry casualties, but also should not need to refill arty cause it is not a front line unit type and shouldn't be hurt often except maybe from enemy bomber attention and possibly it gets surprised by enemy during movement on roads. I definitely use elite replace for arty same as for all core units.
WarHomer
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by WarHomer »

I can´t specify exactly what it does, but I always use elite replacements for every (core) unit, since I definitely feel a difference between green and experienced units.
best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by best75 »

Enemy air units hit my artillery which is what cause the need for replacement. I did not think there was any benefit to experience on artillery so I been using green replacement to save my resources.
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Return to “Order of Battle Series”