Organization of forces

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

mc261209
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Organization of forces

Post by mc261209 »

Hi boys.
How do you organize your units in the game?
I like to make infantry divisions with 3 Regiments (3 Infantry Units) and 1 Artillery.
Panzer divisions with 2 panzer regiments and 1 infantry regiment.
jakemon
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Organization of forces

Post by jakemon »

Other than the bonus for flanking, or the possible radius of an assigned commander, there isn't any advantage to higher echelon grouping (e.g. regimental or divisional integrity). Nor are there command and control disadvantages (e.g. supply or artillery support restrictions).

I find myself choosing units to maximize the Command Point pool- consistent with the scenario and it's mission objectives.

OOB's scale seems flexible enough to represent a wide range of formation sizes. It does get a little blurry on the purchasing screen though- I can't imagine an armored regiment with all the same vehicle type...

The ability to name individual units lends itself to organizing units along an historical order of battle, but I'd guess designing a truly historical simulation would have to be multi-player. The single player scenarios seem to require some ahistorical balancing for the AI.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”