Not realy an Bug report ... but an "non clever" behavor ...

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

R_TEAM
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Not realy an Bug report ... but an "non clever" behavor ...

Post by R_TEAM »

Hi,

i like the game and it is most times realy fine :)
But .. have last time installed a couple of community created scenarios/campaigns ..
All is going nice .. except the discreptions/additional Texts ...

I understand the community created content is maked in the free time, and as a result you cant except an language support for anything other than english ..
Here i am fine ... no problem ...

But it looks the developers have not thinked over this realy deep ..
I am from germany - so my win10 is set to german ...
As this , steam is set to german - and as an result -> OoB is set to german too ... fine ...
If i have an content where only the english text is available ... and the game is set to german ... here come the problem ... i see "NOTHING" from any Text
No fallback to the english conntent, if the native language content is not available .. (i have no problem to read this in english ...)
And i have not found (maybe my mistake ? ) an option to set the game to english (an non-optimal but better solution as the "with paper" without any text ...)

So to summary ..
It would be at best, if the content have not an native language support ,to fall back to english .. better i have any text as "zero text" ....
Or (if it not alredy here and i have overseen it ..) and option to switch the language of the game self .. have no problem to play the game in english ..

Regards
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Not realy an Bug report ... but an "non clever" behavor

Post by bebro »

You could simply switch to another language by selecting the related flag in the game's main menu (at the bottom).

In a middle of a game just save, go to the main menu, and select the UK flag if you want to switch to English, then reload your game.
R_TEAM

Re: Not realy an Bug report ... but an "non clever" behavor

Post by R_TEAM »

Thanks ... have not tryed to "click" the flags :P

But an coded "fallback" option would be nice, to have the game in German and content that is only in english Text available display then the english text ...

Regards

Return to “Order of Battle Series”