Order of Battle: Blitzkrieg waffen ss

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Order of Battle: Blitzkrieg waffen ss

Post by Andy2012 »

@kondi: Holy sh*t. Didnt know that.
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

Andy2012 wrote:@kondi: Holy sh*t. Didnt know that.
It was a filthy time. :(
But objectively it must be admitted that the collection was excellently designed, perfectly tailored and proficiently sewn. :twisted: :wink:
OnPoint
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by OnPoint »

Hello all. My first post to this forum....

I noticed that Horst mentioned that Tiger tanks cost 7 command points. Is there a campaign for Order on Battle that allows the player access to Tiger or Panther tanks?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I think the Blitzkrieg campaign ends before the Tiger was introduced. If I remember correctly it first appeared in November-42 in Tunisia.
The Panther is not added to the unit types yet.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Erik wrote:I think the Blitzkrieg campaign ends before the Tiger was introduced. If I remember correctly it first appeared in November-42 in Tunisia.
The Panther is not added to the unit types yet.
It seems to me that the first Tigers appeared late summer in 1942 near Leningrad.
Postby OnPoint » 29 Mar 2017 00:06
Hello all. My first post to this forum....

I noticed that Horst mentioned that Tiger tanks cost 7 command points. Is there a campaign for Order on Battle that allows the player access to Tiger or Panther tanks?
Tigers appear in the Rising Sun (Japan) campaign if you buy specialization "Yanagi Mission".
Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Horst »

The only Tiger action in OOB so far is during the Rising Sun campaign if you pick the Yanagi Missions spec in 1943. The Brisbane scenario on 16 April 1944 is the first possible purchase and action.
The vanilla availability date for the Japanese and German Tiger I is 1/10/1942 which is okay for the Eastern Front while December 1st rather correct for a future Africa campaign. It all depends which historical scenarios are created later when the player can first purchase and use them. Finding a compromise of a proper availability date for different war theatres has already been an issue for the PG/PC series.
The historical planned transfer of a Tiger to Japan failed in the end to assist producing them, but a theoretical arrival of a disassembled Tiger tank by a large German submarine could have been in January 1945 and then maybe taking at least a year to build a handful. First OOB action in Melbourne on March 1946 would have been a more realistic date than already in 1944.

I’m already curious if the supply/command cost of Maus tanks will be only 8 or even more later as their combat weight is basically a Japanese super-tank Type 100 O-I (120t, 8 supply/cmd) plus a Tiger II (68t): 188 t!
OnPoint

Post by OnPoint »

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll have to give the Rising Sun campaign a try. Hopefully there's an Eastern Front '42 - '45 campaign somewhere in the future.
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

OnPoint wrote:Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll have to give the Rising Sun campaign a try. Hopefully there's an Eastern Front '42 - '45 campaign somewhere in the future.
My guess for the next DLC after Kriegsmarine is something like that, OoB "Case Blue" or Afrikakorps.
Horst

Post by Horst »

I definately hope for North Africa next, but that would rather require two campaigns, Axis and Allies, to satisfy everyone.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Horst wrote:I definately hope for North Africa next, but that would rather require two campaigns, Axis and Allies, to satisfy everyone.
Do you think mirror North Africa campaigns featuring British/German would satisfy the players?
It would reduce the scenario work and could be sold as a twin-pack at reduced price :D
Horst

Post by Horst »

I would already be happy with a single NA campaign, as I know you, Eric, would provide whatever is missing then. :)
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

Erik wrote:
Horst wrote:I definately hope for North Africa next, but that would rather require two campaigns, Axis and Allies, to satisfy everyone.
Do you think mirror North Africa campaigns featuring British/German would satisfy the players?
It would reduce the scenario work and could be sold as a twin-pack at reduced price :D
Yep, like Panzercorp's Afrikakorps and Allied Corps. But this would require a new tileset, new unit skins, new weather effects and carefully calibrating supply issues for the campaign. I mean, the supply system in OoB is perfect for this - but getting it right can take a while. So my guess is Case Blue for simplicity. Would prefer Afrikakorps, though.
Horst

Post by Horst »

I would definitely put more development emphasis on providing new features like a desert tileset. Fighting more and more green tanks in Russia isn’t such change, but give me Karl, Gustav, Panthers and muddy weather condition and I’m happy too.
I don’t know the sales numbers, but I bet Afrika Korps was one of the best selling addons for PC. I'm sure someone from Slitherine will have a good advice what’s best to do next.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

I am waiting for the US Army's campaigns in North Africa, Italy and Western Europe and hope for an independent air campaign.
RAF Bomber Command & 8th USAAF vs Luftflotte "Reich". I have such a dream. :D
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

kondi754 wrote:I am waiting for the US Army's campaigns in North Africa, Italy and Western Europe and hope for an independent air campaign.
Would be a bit one-sided. "Here are 10 000 US airmen vs 20 boys and 2 old aces in Messerschmitts. Fly."
Also, without ground troops, this might be a bit stale. All or most missions would be "reduce supply with strategic bombers, fly home".
But maybe you can dream up some exciting stuff. :D
Horst

Post by Horst »

The Battle of Britain mod/scenario is similar with mainly focusing on air war, and this one isn't that terrible either. Hitting some moving trains could be challenging in Allied scenarios.
I think we are getting a bit off-topic here. :D
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Andy2012 wrote:
kondi754 wrote:I am waiting for the US Army's campaigns in North Africa, Italy and Western Europe and hope for an independent air campaign.
Would be a bit one-sided. "Here are 10 000 US airmen vs 20 boys and 2 old aces in Messerschmitts. Fly."
Also, without ground troops, this might be a bit stale. All or most missions would be "reduce supply with strategic bombers, fly home".
But maybe you can dream up some exciting stuff. :D
Do not exaggerate - in the years 42-45 sky over the Reich was defended by few thousand planes.
The Luftwaffe cleaned of the planes primarily the eastern front and carried the entire fighter's groups to Germany.
In 1944, the German industry produced only fighters for the defense of the Reich against the West Allies air invasion, because the Third Reich was losing the war not under Kursk or Belarus but in the Ruhr and Ploesti during strategic raids.
Around 1,000 Luftwaffe aircrafts attacked the Allied airfields in Belgium and northern France (Bodenplatte operation) even at the beginning of January 1945.
Tasks could be varied - destroying factories, refineries, destroying dams, lowering the morale of the civilian population, destroying V1 and V2 launchers (also destroying these missiles in the air by RAF Tempest and Meteor fighters).
I think about 2 parallel campaigns - American in day and British at night.
Scenarios would be arranged for change - American, British, American, British, etc.
German daily fighters (Bf 109, Fw 190, Me 262 and other experimental jets) would fight against USAAF, night hunters (Bf 110, Ju 88, He 219, Me 410) would fight against RAF.
I also think about the use of special radio-electronic combat aircraft to fulfill the tasks of disturbing and destroying German Freya and Wurzburg radars.
You must also remember the strong anti-aircraft defense of German cities and factories :!: , it wouldn't be a one-sided campaign :!: :wink:
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

@kondi: Okay, valid arguments. But that would require adding a ton of new mechanics to OoB and new units and new everything. Can take a while and then it would have to compete with Panzercorps 2. Still, could be fun.
Von Birnstock
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Von Birnstock »

Haven't played Panzerkrieg yet (work is really getting in the way) but was curiuos if the Wiking unit still looks like a ski unit that cant use a transport? Or if the Waffen SS units are still not getting the bonus from the specialization tree (such as Tank School and specialized training)?

Return to “Order of Battle Series”