Order of Battle: Blitzkrieg is OUT!

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Order of Battle: Blitzkrieg is OUT!

Post by AlbertoC »

Blitzkrieg, the latest expansion for Order of Battle: World War II, is out now on PC, Steam and Mac!

It brings Order of Battle to the main European theater, and for the first time in the whole series you’ll be in command of the fearsome German armed forces.

Covering the first two years and a half of World War II, you’ll first test your mettle against Poland in the September of 1939, then it’ll be Denmark and Norway, followed by an invasion through Belgium and to the heart of France. After a brief detour to the Balkans and Greece, it’ll then be the turn of launching the biggest invasion of history against Soviet Union…

We wanted to take on the European theater with a bang: adding over two hundred new units and several new core armies, Blitzkrieg is a massive expansion. The Artistocrats studio worked hard to feature the blitzkrieg strategies properly in this campaign. Play through 12 accurately balanced and detailed scenarios and test your strategic ability against a greatly enhanced AI. Only brilliant and organized commanders will prevail!

Blitzkrieg is accompanied by a patch to the base game, and it introduces two main features: the Specialization System and the Import Tool.

Now you’ll be able to win points by winning missions and completing secondary objectives, points you can spend in a specialization tree in order to customize your army and unlocking new unit types. And the best news is that every single campaign now has a specialization tree, even those which previously didn’t, like Winter War!

With the new Import Tool, you’ll be able to carry over your core army from one campaign to the next. Right now it’s only possible with the Boot camp linked with the American campaign, and the two japanese campaigns Morning Sun and Rising Sun. We are obviously looking forward to link Blitzkrieg with future German campaigns.

Those two main features come with a ton of fixes and balance changes. You can read the full changelog here.

What are you waiting for then? The tanks’ engines are roaring – get Blitzkrieg now!
Packrat
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Order of Battle: Blitzkrieg is OUT!

Post by Packrat »

Blitzkrieg states that it requires the main game at ver 2.9.6 but the currently available update is 2.4.8
I hope a new update will be posted soon.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

@Packrat
Please note that you need the base game Order of Battle: WW2 (1.48) installed.
You can update the base game to 2.96 just check the forum post:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=74562
Mojko
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Mojko »

It would be great if it was possible to see the total amount of specialization points that are available in the whole campaign on the specialization screen. This would greatly help deciding on how to spend the specialization points efficiently.
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

Mojko wrote:It would be great if it was possible to see the total amount of specialization points that are available in the whole campaign on the specialization screen. This would greatly help deciding on how to spend the specialization points efficiently.
You are talking about something other than this here?
Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (83.65 KiB) Viewed 7714 times
- Bru
mhladnik
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by mhladnik »

He is talking about the sum of all possible points in the remaining scenarios you have yet to play.
Last edited by mhladnik on Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

Good suggestion. Will think about how/where this can be displayed.
IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by IronFist00 »

I'm finally taking the dip into the OOB waters with the release of Blitzkrieg. I was always more of a European-centric war-gamer although I have read up extensively on the Pacific.

One future feature I've read about has me and a friend intrigued, the skirmish mode. If you can share anything about the potential design considerations I was curious about these two specifics:

1. Would skirmish allow 2v2 multiplayer, specifically 2 humans versus 2 AIs on a randomly generated map?

2. If 1 is true would it allow Germany/Japan or only in theater allies?
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

Yes. 1v1, 1v1v1, 1v1v1v1, 2v1, 2v2 or 3v1 with any combination of human or AI controlled.

And you'll be able to set up all the major nations any way you want, including for example Germany vs Germany.
IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by IronFist00 »

adherbal, great news and thanks for the reply. This will probably net you another sale, my friends in addition to mine (already in).
pelinjr
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by pelinjr »

What can I say guys, the game is really really cool , As we speak I am in the middle of the Ukraine scenario, loving it and can not wait for further releases
bru888

Post by bru888 »

pelinjr wrote:What can I say guys, the game is really really cool , As we speak I am in the middle of the Ukraine scenario, loving it and can not wait for further releases
Welcome, pelinjr. You are certainly not alone in that sentiment! :D
- Bru
Asap
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Asap »

Will there be a combined version of the US and Marines DLC in the future? A grand campaign for the US forces would be really great 8)
"The sun is new each day" Heraclitus
Asap

Post by Asap »

I missed the mountain hunters (Gebirgsjäger) a little during the first scenarios in Blitzkrieg DLC.
Last edited by Asap on Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by IronFist00 »

Asap wrote:Mountain hunters...
You mean the Gebirgsjäger infantry?
Asap

Post by Asap »

"Carry over your Core force between campaigns!" Is not so well thought out if you ask me. I don't like it. You lose all commanders and the unit-experience gets back to zero again if you reform it, to import the Core force of the boot camp campaign to the US-Pacific DLC makes absolutely no sense. I guess it is the same with the Blitzkrieg Core.. It would be great to see a better solution than this one, maybe a little more similar to the Panzercorps game, if possible. I want to take my units as they are to the next DLC, without any bad changes.
DarkMyth7

Post by DarkMyth7 »

Blitzkrieg is a fun game but come on don't stop in the winter of Moscow continue with alternate history where the Germans can win like in the Panzer Corps series. It's very disappointing to put all the work into the game only to not take your last objective finish your game developers please.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”