Anniversary Coupons

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

mungocallow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Anniversary Coupons

Post by mungocallow »

Got an email saying i was entitled to a coupon.
Went to my account but it says i am not entitled to one

What is going on?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

When Will I receive My Coupon?
To check when your Anniversary coupon will be sent go to [My Account]
aerialphotog
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by aerialphotog »

I owned and registered over 12 games bought from Matrix over several years. Have been registered member since July 2014. It says I do not qualify for any coupons?

How is that?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

How it Works
On the Anniversary of the date you register with us you'll get your coupon! This date will be either the date you set up your forum account on Slitherine or Matrix, or the date you registered your first game with us. If you play any PBEM++ games, it could be the first time you logged in to multiplayer, as this automatically registers your serials.
On the Anniversary you'll receive a mail that links you to the coupon generator which is built in to the http://samelogin.slitherine.com system.

The registration date is take in this priority:
1. The date you registered for the Matrix members area.
2. If you never registered for the Matrix members area, the date you registered for the Matrix forum.
3. If you never did either of the above then the date you registered for the Slitherine site, forum or first played a PBEM++ game.

When Will I receive My Coupon?
To check when your Anniversary coupon will be sent go to [My Account]
Defcon4

Post by Defcon4 »

I've been registered with Matrix Games since October 2004. Since that time, I've purchased 44 games from the Matrix Store and I've never received an email concerning Anniversary Coupons. I looked under the "Manage Your Account" section and it correctly reflects how long I've been a member. When I click on the link to view my anniversary coupons, however, it states the following:

No anniversary coupons were granted to this user.

I then tried to follow the instructions in your email under the heading, 'I Didn't Get a Coupon!'. When I clicked on the link to Request a New Email, however, I received the followed message:

Sorry, but you do not qualify right now for a new Anniversary Coupon, you will have to wait for your next anniversary.

Larry Stephens
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

How it Works
On the Anniversary of the date you register with us you'll get your coupon! This date will be either the date you set up your forum account on Slitherine or Matrix, or the date you registered your first game with us. If you play any PBEM++ games, it could be the first time you logged in to multiplayer, as this automatically registers your serials.
On the Anniversary you'll receive a mail that links you to the coupon generator which is built in to the http://samelogin.slitherine.com system.

2. If you never registered for the Matrix members area, the date you registered for the Matrix forum.
3. If you never did either of the above then the date you registered for the Slitherine site, forum or first played a PBEM++ game.
Happycat
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Happycat »

This is certainly a generous and nice gesture on the part of Slitherine. However, there seems to be a lot of questions and confusion, and it might be a good idea for someone to step in and really clarify the process. I get the anniversary date part, but must admit that I haven't a clue how the amount of discount is determined. My sense of things is that the discount varies between 5% and 50%, but how one qualifies for a specific rate is a mystery to me.
Chance favours the prepared mind.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Defcon4 wrote:I've been registered with Matrix Games since October 2004. Since that time, I've purchased 44 games from the Matrix Store and I've never received an email concerning Anniversary Coupons.
Well, that's because we have only started sending anniversary coupons on December 2015.
As you have registered your Matrix account on 18th of October of 2004, then your anniversary coupon will be sent on 18th of October 2016.
Defcon4

Post by Defcon4 »

My mistake. I was reacting to the Matrix announcement which read, in part, "As a sign of gratitude to all of you who have been following us through the years, we are rolling out the final release of the Anniversary Coupons!" The wording gave me the impression that this initiative has been around for awhile.
Mark50
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Mark50 »

First of all, thank you!
just by being a member of the community you can get up to 50% off your purchases in the store! All you need to do is create an account on the forum and your discount will start building up!
Secondly, how does this work actually? From the sound of it you need to accumulate ... stuff ... to get higher in the percentage table (50% being the maximum). What is "stuff" in this equation? Time passed since your membership started? Number of games you`ve registered? Amount of money you`ve spent?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

How it Works

Mark50

Post by Mark50 »

I`m not sure how you`ve figured that that copy/paste answers my question. Are you saying that the only thing taken into account when deciding the discount percentage a particular user receives is purely the date of joining the site/registering a game etc.? Hence the percentage will depend on the time past alone?
Last edited by Mark50 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

not sure so will leave it for admin
Mark50

Post by Mark50 »

So registering a certain number of games has no influence on this? How much time there needs to pass to get a 50%?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Its a combination of the date you joined and how many games you have registered but we aren't disclosing how its calculated as its still being tweaked and adjusted and we may change the values over time.
Happycat

Post by Happycat »

IainMcNeil wrote:Its a combination of the date you joined and how many games you have registered but we aren't disclosing how its calculated as its still being tweaked and adjusted and we may change the values over time.

Good to know :) Thanks for clarifying, Iain.
Chance favours the prepared mind.
Szabtom
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Szabtom »

Thank you, I always appreciate loyalty rewards.
mhladnik
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by mhladnik »

How can we register a game with Slitherine if we bought it on Steam? Order of Battle plus Morning Sun, specifically.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

you can't, only games bought from the sites, either one, but not steam
mhladnik

Post by mhladnik »

Okay, thanks! I thought so ... but then again you get a loyalty bonus for having games registered ;)

Return to “News & Announcements”