Order of Battle: Pacific takes off!

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Philkian
Slitherine
Slitherine

Order of Battle: Pacific takes off!

Post by Philkian »

On the morning of December 7, 1941, the Japanese Empire launched its surprise strike on the United States naval base at Pearl Harbor. Intended as a preventive action to avoid any interference from the American fleet in Southeast Asia, where Japan was planning to take military action against Allied countries, it actually triggered the American entry into World War II in both the Pacific and European theaters.

It was a shocking event in American history, but it led to an even worse one for Japan: the dropping of the first atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

However, what would have happened if Japan was able to win the war? And what if the Allied forces would have invaded Japan?

Soon, thanks to The Artistocrats (http://www.the-artistocrats.com), founded by members of the team who created Panzer Corps, you will be able to take lead of both the American and Japan armies in a dynamic series of campaigns for supremacy in Order of Battle: Pacific!

Order of Battle: Pacific is a turn-based wargamefeaturing an intuitive UI and great depth; sporting a rich 3D world with gorgeous animations and effects that can be turned off with a special option in order to use a classic boardgame display mode with unit counters. Adding to this, if the multiple scenarios are not enough for you, there is an extensive, user-friendly in-game scenario editor with a what-you-see-is-what-you-get design. And if it is still not enough, the game features hundreds of Units, 60 Commanders, Army Specializations and 4 player multiplayer possibility over PBEM++ and hotseat, supporting last-man-standing, teamplay and cooperative against AI scenarios.

Order of Battle: Pacific will be available for PC, Mac, iOS and Android.

Get more information about Order of Battle: Pacific on its official product page.
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Re: Order of Battle: Pacific takes off!

Post by Razz1 »

Interesting.........
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Razz1 wrote:Interesting.........
I believe there's a strong chance that you might found it more than interesting. ;)
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

screen shots??...how dare you wet us with words only...
ryukikass
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ryukikass »

3d animation and specials that go w/ each commander?!? Looking forward to what Panzer Corps shoulda been...
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Yet another iOS title, I see Slith is going all out early 2014 :)
MajVonRyan
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MajVonRyan »

LandMarine47 wrote:Yet another iOS title, I see Slith is going all out early 2014 :)
I agree it has been a great year, and this looks like another great game! Pictures please :) :)
b52pilot1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by b52pilot1 »

This game has some definite potential....agree with the others -- screenshots please! Also, any indication on the release date?
macattack
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by macattack »

LandMarine47 wrote:Yet another iOS title, I see Slith is going all out early 2014 :)
I know marketing departments are becoming a thing of the past in the online world, but the release date for this game is obvious... December 7th.
Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Longasc »

I am not sure if this is good news!

While I am excited about a Pacific Campaign, I am not sure if 3D units and terrain are really going to improve the game for the better and not for the worse. I would approve of Civ 5 style terrain and units for sure, those are high quality. But I still remember Panzer General 3D Assault and similar "3D" crap. Rome Total War also doesn't get better by fancy looking units, as they only seem to highlight the stupidity of the AI and look often odd in combat.

I am afraid something bad happened to "the Lordz", the makers of Panzer Corps?

"founded by members of the team who created Panzer Corps" sounds like a split of the team, something I would regret! I hope Rudankort and Kerensky are still working together, also Uran21 and others who made great scenarios.

I also would find it kinda stupid, like West Germany and East Germany instead of one Germany. Two studios working on deviations of the same core game could be interpreted as healthy competition, but I rather see drawbacks and would really regret that.
Lut
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Lut »

any screenshots available?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

No there are no problems with the Lordz :) They are working on a list of games currently.

This is an ex-member of the Lordz Team who has set up on his own and has created a very cool looking game. We don't want to release screens yet as although it looks great it is still changing and once you let images out to the internet you cant get them removed or updated so we have to be careful! :)
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

"founded by members of the team who created Panzer Corps" sounds like a split of the team, something I would regret! I hope Rudankort and Kerensky are still working together, also Uran21 and others who made great scenarios.
Don't worry, none of the people you mentioned are involved. Panzer Corps is designed by Flashback Games, led by Alex/Rudankort, while both Kerensky and Uran21 are freelancers. So whatever happened to the Lordz will have little impact on Panzer Corps.
While I am excited about a Pacific Campaign, I am not sure if 3D units and terrain are really going to improve the game for the better and not for the worse. I would approve of Civ 5 style terrain and units for sure, those are high quality.
Since Civilization 5 is one of the rare big budget AAA titles that use a hexagonal, turn-based engine it's actualy been a source of inspiration for us. It would be silly to claim we can completely match a game with such a huge budget, but I'm certain you will be pleasantly surprised :) 3D is being used for its advantages in animation, real-time effects etc and not just a gimic that conflicts with the gameplay.
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

any screenshots available?
I know it's not exactly screenshots yet but the menu artwork is available in high-res here :)
kool_kat
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by kool_kat »

Gents: 8)

How similar is Order of Battle: Pacific to Strategic Command: WW2 Pacific Theater (Battlefront) :?:
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

The Strategic Command series are grand strategy: covering a single, big map from the start of the war to the end. OOBP has a scenario based campaign, which sticks closer to the historical path of the war (but still allowing players to divert from it). It's also played on a lower, more tactical level, focusing more on individual unit types and abilities rather than diplomacy and research that you usually find in grand strategy games.

Stay tuned for more information very soon :wink:
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The wargamer has a sneak peak at some pre alpha screens here in their write up of Speil in Essen:

http://www.wargamer.com/article/3465/ev ... ion-report
Sleezly
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Sleezly »

This is another title thats gonna cost me alot of sleep! :D CANT WAIT! :oops:
deadtorius
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by deadtorius »

This one has caught my interest too. Looking forward to seeing more of the game. (subtle hint for some screen shots :wink: )
mungocallow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mungocallow »

Hi all

will the game run in a similar fashion to Panzer corps, i.e. units build experience as they progress through campaign?

Return to “Order of Battle Series”